14 - J.M.

Clarke analyzes the makeshift knife in her hand. She frowns while handing it over to me when she sees my hand outstretched towards it. "This knife was made of metal from the dropship."

I turn the knife over in my hand, analyzing it. Two carved out letters capture my attention when I turn the knife over. My eyes narrow at it.

"What do you mean?" Jasper worriedly asks Clarke.

"Who else knows about this?" Bellamy asks all of us.

I shake my head and I hand it back to Clarke, slyly motioning to the initials. "No one. We brought it straight here."

"Clarke?" Jasper stays close to my side as he faces Clarke.

I heave a worried sigh. "It means the Grounders didn't kill Wells." I say instead of Clarke. Jasper raises a brow at me. I glance up at Bellamy to see his reaction to all of this. "It was one of us."

Clarke nods her head in agreement.

Unknowingly, Jasper steps even closer to me. I weakly smile in his direction. The two of us have grown awfully close ever since we found out about being twins. We have grown protective over each other and he's still getting used to being back on his feet again.

"So, there's a murderer in the camp?" Jasper asks.

Bellamy shakes his head and uncrosses his arms. "There's more than one murderer in this camp. This isn't news. We need to keep it quiet."

I walk around the table in the middle of the tent, determined. Bellamy instantly steps in front of me, stopping me from leaving. Automatically annoyed, I snap my head up to glare at him. "Move, Bellamy."

"Wren, be smart about this. Look at what we've achieved- the wall, the patrols. Like it or not, thinking the Grounders killed Wells is good for us." Bellamy stares down at me.

I curl my lip in disgust. "Oh, please. You only think it's good for you because it keeps everyone afraid." I step closer to Bellamy with my shoulders squared back. "You think it's better because everyone is afraid and that keeps them working for you. This is not how a good leader should be."

Bellamy steps to the right when I try to side step him, cutting me off once again. "But it's good for all of us. Fear of the Grounders is building that wall."

"And how much longer has to pass before they kill again? We need to end this now." I cross my arms, angrily. "What do you expect to do when they kill someone else? What if they kill Octavia?" I jerk my finger in the dark haired girl's direction. Her head pops up at her name. "Are you just going to let it slide because fear of the Grounders is more important?"

Bellamy's cheeks flares a little at my words. Deep down, he must know what I'm saying is right. He's just too thick-headed to realize that. "What do you plan on doing anyways?" He ignores my question. "Just walk out there and ask the killer to step forward? You don't even know whose knife that is."

"Oh, really?" I raise my eyebrows. I reach out behind me for Clarke to hand me the knife. The cool metal presses in the palm of my hand. I pull it forward and turn it for Bellamy to see the initials carved into the inner part of the knife handle. "J.M. John Murphy. The people have a right to know."

Clarke and I storm out of the tent. I hear a sigh come from behind us. Clarke snatches the knife out of my hand, nearly slicing my skin open in the process. She speeds ahead of me and heads straight for Murphy, who is yelling something about no water until the work is done. Clarke slams her hands against Murphy's chest, angrily.

"You son of a bitch!" She yells at him.

"What's your problem?" Murphy asks with a bit of amusement heard in his voice.