26 - Unity Day

"Bellamy!" I tripped over someone's foot and start to fall toward the ground. 

Bellamy's hands hastily grasp onto my arms and waist, saving myself from a tumble to the ground. His arms securely lock around my waist and back, holding my body close to his while trying to examine my face. "Are you drunk?"

I giggle hysterically into my hand. My right hand snakes around his neck to help keep me steady on my feet. I hum in response before saying, "Mm, maybe?" I hold up my left hand, trying to count how many drinks I had. "Um, one, two, three-- or was it four?" 

Bellamy mumbles something under his breath. 

I tap his chest. "I don't know now." Another giggle floats past my lips and I swivel around in his tight hold. "I asked Jasper to get me some water after the whole speech thing that Jaha did, but--" I tap his chest again. "You know, all the Unity Day bullshit, blah blah blah..."

The first Exodus ship was going to be sent down in less than sixty hours and, with today being Unity Day on the Ark, everyone here is throwing a party. Jasper made his moonshine and that's when the party really began. 

I wrap my other hand around Bellamy's neck, resting the side of my head on his chest. "I don't--" I shake my head. "I don't think it was water." 

"It definitely wasn't water." Bellamy adjusts his hold on me. 

I tilt my back and spread my arms out to my sides, fully aware that Bellamy won't let me fall. "I feel so good, Bell." I stare up at the night sky. 

Clarke hesitantly walks up to the two of us. I smile at her from upside down. The feel of Bellamy's hands overlapping his arms to tightly hold onto me better. His fingers digging into my sides. 

"Um, hey." Clarke eyes me in his arms with a baffled look. "Having a good time, Wren?"

I giggle and lean forward to straighten back up with Bellamy's help. "Such a good time, C-Clarke!" I pat her face twice. "Have you had Jasper's moonshine? I think- I think--" I stop myself when I see a smile on Bellamy's face. I poke the corner of his lips. "Oh, my God! Someone grab a camera, Bellamy Blake is smiling!" 

Clarke bursts out laughing at my drunken state. "Wow. She is an interesting drunk." She turns her attention back on Bellamy. "The comms are still dead. They cut out during the pageant."

"Am I drunk?" My face scrunches up as I try to determine if I am or not. "I've never been drunk before." 

Bellamy's fingers dig in my skin through my shirt and jacket more. He looks from me to Clarke. "Best Unity Day ever." 

"Do you really think now is a good time to be having a party? I mean, the Grounder is out there." Clarke tells him. She motions to the wild version of me in his arms. "Just look at Wren, for instance."

I laugh while spinning around in Bellamy's hold, my back to his chest. "Yes, look at me!" I hold my arms out in a ta-da pose. "I feel so great." 

"Grounders." Bellamy corrects her with his eyes still  trained on me. "By now, he's made it home. He's probably putting together a lynch mob."

I lean back against his chest once I realize he doesn't plan on letting me go anytime soon. My arms fold over his without a second thought. 

"Relax." Bellamy responds to Clarke's worried expression. He nods his head toward the wall. "I got security covered. Why don't you go get a drink? You look like you could use one."

I raise my hand in the air. "If anyone could use one, it's me." I slur my words and begin to sway from side to side in Bellamy's hold. I hold up four fingers, tapping each one as I say, "One drink for my parents, one for Dax, one for the probability of Grounders killing us, one for the hell of it, and one for having to deal with Bellamy."