21 - Storm

Clarke steps up beside me in the dropship. Neither of us say anything, instead we just look outside. The storm came at us fast. The sky is a dark grey with large rain drops falling out of the sky. If the lightning and wind wasn't so bad, I would probably be outside and feeling the rain hit my skin. The thunder and lightning were intense. 

A group of guys were attempting to secure the tarps around the opening of the dropship. Everyone has crowded inside to stay as safe and dry as possible. Raven is trying to contact that Ark to let them know we are alive and because, if we don't talk to Clarke's mom, Finn is going to die. 

I nod my head at the guys with the tarps. They've been working nonstop to keep the tarps from blowing away. Some time  during the night, Bellamy took off with a couple guys. No one knew where they were going and they made sure that no one saw them leave. I didn't realize they were gone until I couldn't find Jasper or Monty.

"This is Raven Reyes, calling Ark Station." Raven's voice floats through the dropship in a desperate tone. The only noise coming through the radio was harsh static. "Come in Ark Station. This is Raven Reyes, calling Ark Station. Please come in." 

I step backwards and turn around to head back to Raven. With Bellamy gone, everyone has turned to me. I needed to keep everyone calm during this time. Honestly, everyone was doing just fine. The only people freaking out were the guys with the tarps, Clarke, Raven, and myself. I kept my worry hidden. I didn't want Finn to die. 

"Please, please." Raven mumbles to herself. She presses a button on her radio. "Can anybody hear me?" 

A girl leaning up against the wall near Raven asks, "Are you sure you have the right frequency?"

Raven removes her fingers off of the ear piece to shoot a glare at the girl. "Yeah, I'm sure." She snaps. 

I place a hand on Raven's shoulder and speak calmly to her, "Raven?" I wait until she turns her head towards me. "You can do this, okay?" I walk over to where Clarke is attending to Finn's stab wound. 

The knife went into his chest. From the angle I saw yesterday, it looked like it went into his shoulder, but when Bellamy carried him back, I noticed it went into the side of his chest. The cloth wrapped around the knife is covered in dark blood. Clarke gently unravels the cloth to show off how bad his wound really is. 

"Calling Ark Station, Ark Station. Please come in." 

The stab wound is swollen and looks horribly infected. Clarke tries to hide her worry as she recovers the wound with a new cloth. I meet her eyes to see how scared she is. 

"I'm on the ground with the hundred. We need you." Raven's voice is filled with emotion and anger. 

We need the Ark more than ever now. 

"Please, calling Ark Station. The hundred are alive." Raven tries over and over to contact them.

I wander back over to Raven. 

"This is a restricted station. Who is this? Please identify yourself." A male voice comes from out of the speakers. 

Everyone in the room gasps at the voice. I move faster to take a place beside Raven. People move forward towards the voice, as if they could see them. I hold up a hand to make sure there's a distance between them and Raven. 

"This is Raven Reyes. I- I'm from Mecha Station. I'm transmitting from the ground. The hundred are alive. Please, you need to get Doctor Abby Griffin. Doctor Abby Griffin, now." Raven reports back to the man. 

Raven looks up at me with hope in her eyes. She did it. 

A female voice comes through the radio next, "Raven? Are you there?"