27 - Bridge

I am fuming. 

The whole meeting with the Grounders is a terrible idea, first of all. The fact that Finn went to Clarke instead of me kind of pisses me off. Everyone in camp knows that Bellamy and I are the leaders of this camp. Clarke was just the one always trying to wiggle her way into everything. 

Bellamy didn't have a choice about whether I was coming with them or not. When he saw that I wasn't drunk, like I pretended to be, he grabbed the gun out of my hands as soon as I picked it up, claiming that I don't know how to use one. Which brings us to the present time of the four of us wandering through the woods, far enough behind Finn and Clarke, and I'm the only one without a gun. 

The truth was that Jasper had been secretly training me how to fire a gun. Everyone needed to learn how, in case a time came where it would be necessary. It was important that Bellamy and I knew how to fire guns, considering that we were the leaders of the camp. That's why Jasper started to teach me. 

Bellamy was only doing this as payback for pretending to be drunk. He thinks that he knows how to outplay me, but he's wrong. All we ever do is try to beat each other and then find a way to work together. Poor Sunshine is annoyed that I pretended to be drunk to find out why he kissed me the other day. 

Jasper walks closer to Raven, both of them holding their guns in their hands. "Sorry for bringing up Clarke earlier." He glances over his shoulder, checking to make sure that I'm still right behind him. "That was awkward."

"Shut up."

Bellamy doesn't even bother to look back at them. "Both of you shut up. Keep your eyes open."

I glare at the back of his head. "Don't you think it's kind of stupid that I'm the only one out here with a gun?" I call out to him, making sure to keep my voice at a decent level. We didn't need to worry about Grounders or Finn overhearing us. 

"Drunk people don't get guns." Bellamy states, annoyance laced in his voice. 

I pick up my pace to bypass Raven and Jasper. "How many times do I have to tell you, Sunshine? I'm not drunk." I clench my hands into fists by my sides. 

"Could have fooled me with that act you pulled by there." 

Behind me, Raven snickers under her breath. My nails dig into my palms and I do my best to ignore her. This is just a show for her. I trail behind Bellamy, readjusting the pack on my back that I grabbed from camp minutes before we left. 

"What happened?" Jasper questions. He jogs a few feet to catch up with me. 

"Nothing." I narrow my gaze on the back of Bellamy's head. I turn to my brother. "Nothing happened." I push forward, marching up behind Bellamy, harshly grabbing his arm in mine. "This is stupid for me to not have a gun. I can help." 

Bellamy shakes me off. 

I catch back up with him, stepping in front of him to cut him off. "Just because you're pissed off that I pretended to be drunk does not give you the right to not give me a gun, Sunshine. We're both leaders here." 

Bellamy's nostrils flare out. "Princess," He begins. He waits until Jasper and Raven pass by us, both of them giving us odd looks. "I'm not mad that you pretended to be drunk. I told you I wanted to talk about it. You're the one that shut down, not me." 

I take a step back, spreading my arms out by my sides. "You want to talk about that kiss and your feelings? Fine. Let's do it. Let's talk." 

Jasper whips around, "You two kissed?!" He nearly shouts.

"Shut up!" Raven hisses. 

Jasper is too busy gawking at me to worry about the fact that he could have given us away. I avoid looking at my brother and Bellamy. There's several different ways that this conversation could have gone and this one was not what I was expecting.