31 - Bomb

If there was ever a time that we needed a miracle, it would be right now. The Grounders would be here at first light. We didn't have a whole lot of time. Raven was working on making more bullets. More security was placed at the fence. We were doing everything we could to be prepared for the war against the Grounders. 

With Felix off of guard, there was an extra gun. I wanted to grab it before Bellamy could hand it off to someone else. I had a good aim. Honestly, I'm not sure how I was graced with the ability to have superb aim, but I did and it would be stupid not to give the assault rifle to me.

Bellamy was already furious at me for taking the gun from Felix. He understood the reasoning. We can't have our own people pointing guns at us, when we are the leaders. 

I step inside of the tent Raven has claimed as her own, for making bullets and anything else that might be an advantage for us to use. Jasper, Harper, and Monty have been put to work, prepping the guards' guns for battle. 

Bellamy grabs the rifle out of Harper's hands and set it down on the rack. "-- five to a clip. Let's go. We need to get these guns on the wall."

"Why just five?" I announce my arrival in the tent with a question. 

Raven glances at me over her shoulder. "We're running out of gunpowder." 

Harper sighs from the other side of the table, prepping the next clip. "Oh, we're so dead."

"Don't worry," Jasper flashes her a smile. He cleans the gun without looking at it, expertly. "I got your back." 

I frown at my twin brother. He has completely changed his moods since earlier this morning. I wasn't the only one surprised by his mood change, considering that Monty makes a noise from the back of his throat. 

Jasper's head whips around to face him. "Got something to say?"

"Don't." I say in a warning tone. The last thing we need is for them to start fighting right now. Jasper's eyes snap to mine before he returns back to working on the gun.

"Hey, guys, stay focused." Raven snaps at them. She looks in my direction, realizing that there's more going on with the three of us. "We're doing good. We need as many rounds done by dawn as we can." 

Finn steps into the tent and stands beside me at the table. "It won't matter if there's no one left who can shoot." He lays his hands on the table. "What do we need to build a bomb?"

Raven stops working to stare at him. "Depends on what you're trying to blow up."

"How about a bridge?" 

Is he referring to the bridge where the meeting took place? 

Bellamy cast him a look. "What are you talking about?"

"Murphy says he crossed a bridge on his way back here from the Grounder's camp." Finn glances at the Bellamy and myself. He cocks his head to the side when he says, "Sound familiar?"

"Yeah, so what?" Bellamy asks. 

"So the virus is fast." Finn informs the tent. "He's already getting better. Blowing the bridge won't stop the attack, but the longer we can delay it, the more of us will be able to fight."

"Even if Murphy is telling the truth--" Bellamy begins to say.

I held up a finger in the air to emphasize my point as I add, "And that's a big if."

"-- that bridge has survived a nuclear war and ninety-seven years of weather." Bellamy finishes with a look in my direction for cutting him off. 

A determined look crosses Raven's face, "It won't survive me."