4 The Talk

The boy couldn't believe what he had just heard. Notch had a brother and Steve himself was created in this brothers image. Then there was the question. Why did Notch hide this and what was this betrayal really all about?
Herobrine backed off, letting Steve have the chance to run. However, he didn't. Steve just stood there and stared at the taller being.
"What happened back then?"
Steve asked, making Herobrine chuckle a bit.
"That Steven, is for Notch to answer. Find him, and ask him yourself."
Herobrine then disappears. Steve naturally dug his way straight out and ran to Notches castle.
"Notch?!"
He wasn't there. Steve groaned a bit, he knew this meant he had to make the journey to the Ather world. Steve did just that, stepping into the Ather portal. This portal naturally spawned whoever stepped through it in front of Notches Ather castle.
Steve walked straight through the gates. Being the first immortal human had its charms.
"Notch?"
Notch lit up with a smile.
"Steve! So nice to see you my boy. What can I help you with?"
Notch said cheerfully as he approached him.
"I wanted to ask you something..."
"What is it boy?"
"I um..."
Steve paused, wondering how to ask.
"Who is your...brother?"
Everyone in the building gasps, leaving Notch in pure shock. His eyes are wide and his mouth is slightly open. He finally managed to speak as everyone cautiously goes back to work.
"Come..."
He says deeply. Steve follows him to the back of the castle. They sit down and Notch begins.
"Where did you hear about that?"
He asks curiously. Steve decided not to mention the strange obsidian portal.
"He appeared in a cave as I was mining. He would not answer much, but he told me to ask you about the past."
Notch frowns deeply.
"His name is Herobrine."
Notch started. Steve scooted to the edge of the seat, listening to Notch tell the story of the past. From the creation of the world to Herobrine almost destroying it, Steve was told every detail. In the end he was left with a bitter taste in his mouth.
"So, it's best if you alert me every time you see Herobrine. He could still destroy the world if he wanted too."
Steve nods.
"I understand."
Notch smiles a bit.
"Good."