15 (303)

"Is this really what you choose Steve?"
The god sat on his throne, speaking calmly to the human below him.
"Yes...I'm sorry Notch."
Steve's voice was low, his head bowed respectfully as he declined Notch's affection towards him.
"My dear boy, does this mean you choose Herobrine?"
Steve's eyes shot up at the question.
"I-I...I do not know...I know I do not want him dead."
Notch stood, stepping closer to the human, who was still bowed, but his eyes were glued to Notch.
"Why is that, boy? Why do you wish for me to spare that monster?"
Steve was silent, but quickly stood, and responded with a firm voice.
"He's not a monster."
Notch chuckled a bit.
"Steve, he IS a monster. He is the reason for everything dark in this world. I watched him change into the creature he is today. Why should someone so toxic to our world be kept alive?"
Those blue eyes narrowed.
"I love him. I need him. Even if you somehow managed to kill him, I'd be the next monster you'd have to get rid of. Without that monster, I have no purpose in this world. What's the point in being immortal if you have nobody to spend your life with?"
Notch sighed, still slightly smiling.
"I would be willing to create an immortal girl. In fact, I've already thought about it. I'm thinking of naming her Alex."
Steve snapped a bit, now angry.
"I don't want a girl! I don't want anybody but him...that's it. If Herobrine no longer causes anymore trouble for this world, he should be left alone."
They're both silent for a moment, Steve awaiting Notch's response.
The god softly nods.
"Very well Steve. If Herobrine stays out of my way, and does not create anything else, I will spare him for your sake. However, if he fails to comply, I will have him erased. Understood?"
Notch became a bit dark as he asked the final question.
Steve nodded, a bit shocked at the rage inside Notch's eyes.
"Very good, now run along. I've got a new update to release."
Steve did just that. He dashed out of the castle and headed straight through the portal. In his hurry, he did not see the god who was just around the castle doors.
"Looks like you've finally won a battle against me brother. Do not take the boy for granted. Without him, you'd be erased right now."
Notch stepped back inside, heading for his control room. Herobrine smiled softly to himself and teleported.
Later that night, Herobrine was towering over Steve. It was strange though. Instead of rushing into their 'activity' he was just kidding Steve, over and over. Steve had no idea the god had heard what he said. All he knew was that Herobrine was all he wanted in this world. Nothing could tear them apart.
Except for the virus spawning in their world at this very moment.
His name is 303.

Entity 303.