25 Sibling Bonding

S: "That's it. Perfect!"

Steve and Alex step back, peering up at the house they just finished. It would've taken much long to build if they didn't have a little godly help. Herobrine helped by supplying the resources, since he does enjoying destroying things after all. Today Herobrine couldn't join them. He'd only mentioned a little, which worried Steve.

A: "Thanks for all your help. I think I'll go touch up on the villages for the rest of the day."

Steve nods, "Anytime, see you later."

With a warm wave the two siblings separate. Steve wonders where Herobrines at, and more importantly, what he's doing.

Little did he know Herobrine was actually with Notch.

N: "What do you think? We've come up with so many already."

Herobrine lingers over the desk, scanning over the codings.

H: "They're so much like Steve..are you sure these won't turn out to be just...copies?"

Notch laughs a bit, "Oh no, I've changed parts of their coding to be completely random. None of them could ever be the same as our precious Steve."

Herobrine narrows his eyes at the word 'our' in that sentence, but he decides to let it go nonetheless.

N: "The way Steve looked when he met Alex..Herobrine, I think he will be so excited once he finds out we've created more humans."

H: "Yes, I'm sure he will. He has always wanted to have friends and family. The villagers..just aren't the same."

N: "I assumed that's why you joined me in this project, to make Steve happy."

Herobrines silent for a moment, trying to say his next words carefully.

H: "Well, that is something I want, for Steve to be happy, but..I joined you because you asked me to."

Now Notch is awkwardly silent.

H: "How long has it been, since we've been able to look at each other without the desire to destroy?"

N: "Decades.."

H: "Right, and now, I see. I see why you created Steve. He's the most incredible thing ever created. Without him, I'd be nothing. So, yes..you asked me, and I thought, what if you are right again, like you were all those years ago? What if you're creating greatness, while I'm trying to stop you?"

Notch looks over to the other, those white eyes looking directly back.

H: "That is why I joined you."

Notch doesn't respond. He just stares, with this look of shock on his face. Herobrine admitted he made a mistake. Truly this was the rarest of conversations. What should he say? He doesn't want to drive Herobrine off or make him feel weak.

N: "I.."
He pauses. Words simply cannot do justice here. Notch reaches out, wrapping his arms around Herobrine and squeezes rather harshly. It's been years since he's felt this way. The touch without fear of pain. Steve has really changed him.