11 Self-War

Steve flipped the lever, letting water wash up the crops and Pistons chop down sugar cane, pumpkins, and even melons. He walked carefully, not messing up the dirt. He was skilled at this, collecting many crops in a matter of days. As he shoved the produce in a chest, he heard a loud sound.
Those blue eyes turned cautiously, staring at the door.
Thunder.
It sounded like thunder.
However, Steve was well aware of the sound of thunder. This sound was harsh, and almost sounded like a heavy strum of drums.
"N-Notch?"
He said, recognizing the familiar sound.
He exited his home to see his entire automatic farm ruined. Everything was on fire, and the sky was dark. Purple flames rose quickly, and two white eyes could be seen behind a bit of the fire. Steve backed up, confused as to what was happening.
The eyes then vanished. Herobrine teleported behind him, inside Steve's house.
"H-Herobrine?"
The god moved slowly, feelings mixed up. He was full of hate, knowing full well this boy was in the way. He could easily make the boy mortal and erase him from this world once and for all. Yet, as he grabbed the boys shirt and lifted him up, he was struck. It was like a bullet to the head, causing his mind to race. What was this sudden change of heart.

That's right.

Those white eyes widened with the fear of what he's dreaded the most. He was at war with himself. He wanted nothing more than to kill the boy and then destroy Notch, so why was this a hard decision?

"H-Hero...bri-"
Steve chocked, causing Herobrine to drop him on the floor.
The god already knew the answer.
It's because this boy, who was made in his image...

Made him feel alive.