Chapter 8- The "Killing" Truth

Chapter 8

Zhalia's POV

I ignored my brothers after the incident during lunch yesterday with Jace. Every time my brothers spoke to me, I walked straight through them as if they weren't there; I know that I won't be able to keep the silent treatment up for long because they will somehow find a way to start an argument with me again. Today was the last dance class before it finishes for the holidays. I changed into what Molly told us to wear for this lesson as we normally do something different on the last lesson before the holidays. Today, the girls had to wear a nice, loose dress and leggings and the boys had to wear something that looks some-what smart but also flexible. As soon as I finished changing, there was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I called.

"Crystal." she replied.

"Ok, come in." I said. She came in and shut the door behind her. "What's up?"

"The ceiling!" she joked.

"Ha ha, very funny!" I said sarcastically, smiling. That's what I liked about Crystal, she was the kind of person that you could just have a laugh with and relax. "What do you want to talk about?" I asked.

"I want to talk to you about finding your soulfinder." she said slowly. Oh, I thought. "Do you want me to-" she was interrupted by the sound of a very loud knock on the front door.

"I think that's Elana and Cleo! Gotta go, bye!" I quickly said as I ran out the room and down the stairs. My lucky escape. "Quick, let's go. I have to tell you what happened yesterday." I said to Elana and Cleo before telling them what happened during lunch and the weird little encounter with Jace.

-(at the dance club)-

"Right, my little dumplings!" said Molly. "Last lesson before we break up so we're going to try something a little different today! Get into a pair with the opposite gender. Hang on- I'll put you into pairs as I know you will make a fuss!" Load groans travelled around the room.

Elana was picked with some guy called Eric and Cleo was paired with someone called Matt.

"Let me see, who shall I put with Jace?" questioned Molly, tapping her cheek.

"Why don't you put him with Zhalia, Miss? She hasn't got a partner yet!" shouted Cleo above all the chatter which earned a grin from Elana.

"Why not? Zhalia can give some tips to the new student if he's stuck!" exclaimed Molly. Cleo is totally going to die for this! I glared at her as I walked over to Jace. She grinned stupidly back at me; if her grin was any bigger, her face would have split from stretching too far. Jeff would sadly have no more of Cleo's face to kiss. Jace didn't seem to be embarrassed or anything when I was paired with him. When Molly showed us the steps to the music, we started practising. Despite the fact that the routine was short, some people found the steps hard to learn as it wasn't our normal style of dancing. Because of this, Molly had to keep going over the routine which took about half the lesson. I absolutely love dancing so the steps came quickly to me; Jace seemed to learnt the dance quickly too.

"All right, I'm going to put the music on without stopping it. Let's see how far each couple can get!" said Molly as everyone got into their positions. I stood face-to-face with my partner.

I gulped as I looked up at Jace. My heart started racing, thumping hard against my chest; I hope I don't trip and make a fool of myself! As soon as we made eye contact, the music started and we were off! He grabbed my hand and put his other hand on my hip before we started to move. Normally when a guy touches me, it feels weird and not right. But for some reason, with Jace it just felt right- comfortable! The feeling of his hands on me sent tingling feelings down my spine as if we were made for each other. As the music got faster, our steps and movements got faster and had more energy in them. We twisted, turned and jumped to the music. We also split off to do our own little steps before coming back together. Whilst I was doing my own steps, I looked at Jace and smiled with excitement in which he returned. His smile made my heart flip before it got stuck in my throat. Why does this guy have to be so damn gorgeous? I melted into his body as he rolled me back into him, sucking me up into the moment of what seemed to be like a fairytale. I'm enjoying him way too much.