Chapter 20- The Pain

Chapter 20

Zhalia's POV

I lay down on the metal bed with nothing else to do but just constantly re-plaiting my hair and thinking about everything that's happened so far. I don't know how long we've been here for but it feels like ages. I lost count after three hours. I didn't even know what time of day it was. The door suddenly swung open to reveal John holding a tray and Jason standing behind him.

"You guys have knocking issues!" I muttered as I sat up on the bed, narrowing my eyes at them.

"Keep up with that mouth of yours and everything will go down the shit hole for you!" John snapped.

"Yeah, cuz this is isn't 'down the shit hole' already!" I said sarcastically. John looked like he was using up all his self control not to attack me.

Hey, I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bones. Sarcasm is my only defense! ... Ok, maybe I'm not 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bonds: more like 139 pounds of slightly tanned skin and my dad's Native American bones. But right now, sarcasm is literally my only defence now, I don't have my powers. Quoting a character from a TV programme isn't going to hurt. (AN: Guess the character and TV programme where I got this quote from!!)

John placed the tray on my bed next to me. It had a bowl filled with cereal and milk. I may not know what the time is but why the fuck were they giving me cereal? Then I realised what it was: Crunchy Nut. I looked up and glared at John and Jason. "You gave that cereal on purpose, knowing I can't have peanuts and any time of nuts because I'm allergic!" I growled at them which they just stared at me back. From the corner of my eye, I could see Jason slightly smirking as he crossed his arms. Stupid bastard. "I wouldn't be surprised if this was almond milk as well!"

"It's the only food you're going to get." John informed- looks like I was going to starve. He turned to face Jason, "Where did Scott bugger off to? He's been gone for more than three and a half hours!"

So he was the one that stormed out, not Jason- never thought it would be Scott.

"How am I supposed to know; she saw him last." Jason pointed at me.

"Don't look at me! He didn't say anything." I held my hands up in defence.

"Hmmm... stay in here with her and stop her doing things that could mess up everything. We can't let her mess around, not when we've come this far!" John commanded Jason who nodded in response. What was I going to do anyway? John left the room, leaving me with the grinning master of illusions.

XXX

It must have been dark outside now. It being summer, if was dark then it must be really late. Jason sat in the chair in the far corner of the room that was angled facing me as I sat on the metal bed. The once full tray of food was now empty next to him. He ate it all; not like I was going to eat it anyways. Is he going watch me all night?

Whilst keeping an eye on me, he had a ball that he kept bouncing and catching again and a again and-

"Ok that's it, I'm bored shitless babysitting you; you're sooo boring! Let's have some fun!" he said suddenly as he stood up. He dropped the ball which bounced away from him and stopped near the other side of the room. I was getting bored too, and creeped out by him staring at me for what seemed like forever. I narrowed my eyes at him, wondering what his mind thought the word 'fun' meant. Slowly, very slowly he walked towards me, staring right into my eyes. I gulped as I shifted on the bed so my back hit the wall. The scenery changed around us and I wasn't sitting on the metal bed anymore.

"Nice house!" he commented, grinning. We were at my house, the front room to be exact. I was sitting on the sofa with Jason standing in front of me. The door leading to this room swung open, revealing a swarm of people entering the room: my family. They were all laughing, eating, drinking. They didn't seem to realise we were here.