Chapter 24- Family

Chapter 24

Zhalia's POV

Slowly, I woke up from the best sleep I've ever had since I can remember. I turned to see a slight dip in the bed next to me. Touching it I felt it was still slightly warm. Jace must have left only a few minutes ago. Then I heard a shower starting to run in my en-suit: Jace. My brothers wouldn't dare using my bathroom; not if they wanted to be ten feet under the house which I can happily accommodate them with. Argh, he better not leave it in a state boys normally do. Otherwise he's cleaning the entire thing himself. Sighing, I got out of bed and starting to collect some toiletries. Luckily I had a spare toothbrush in my room so I went to the shared bathroom. I hate showering in the family bathroom- I guess I'm so used to using my en-suit shower that I don't like using the others. I have to shower later then.

After finishing, I went to my room. Too busy sorting out some of the paper on my desk, I didn't hear the en-suit door open. "Morning!" came a voice from behind. Jumping, I spun around to find Jace with only his trousers on and towel-drying his hair. Luckily I didn't phase through the ground this time.

Trying not to stare at his chest, I put a hand on my chest near my heart and smiled "Don't scare me like that."

"I thought you heard me." he peaked out from underneath the towel. I couldn't help but glance down at his body, my eyes stopping at his bare torso. Damn was he fit... and all mine too.

"I...um... No, I didn't!" I shook my head, gulping.

He must have noticed my uneasiness as he smirked and tossed his towel somewhere I didn't care to look. "I left my shirt on your bed." his eyes searching my face as I managed to take my eyes off him and onto the ground. "I forgot it." Like fuck he did. He started to make his way to me. "Does me being shirtless bother you?" he questioned, smirking, as he stopped right in front of me. With my head still down I could see the hem of his jeans which seriously hung way too low.

I can't cause his ego to grow more. "No, it doesn't." I said, quickly meeting his gaze so my eyes didn't linger on his body. "Why would it?" I smiled slyly.

"I don't know...," he said slowly as he grabbed my hands and put it on his stomach. "Maybe it's because of my amazing physique..." Damn is he right... But I can't feed his cockiness.

"In your dreams, lover boy!" I snorted.

"Well then, why is your hands still on my stomach and your thumb rubbing it?" his lips widened so that if he stretched it a millimetre more, he would rip his face. This time, I couldn't stop myself from blushing as I quickly withdrew my hands.

"Don't get ahead of yourself!" I laughed.

"I know you love it!" he whispered in my ear. "How about I receive a kiss from the princess?"

I placed one hand on his chest, stopping him from leaning any closer, and raised my other hand to the side. Focusing on his shirt on the bed, I telekinetically lifted it and placed it in my raised hand. I shoved the black short sleeved shirt to his chest. "First, put the shirt on!" I smirked childishly.

"Haha, fine!" he laughed as he slid into the top. "You are definitely hot and bothered by me being only half naked!"

"Shut up!" I blushed furiously. "Do you want a kiss or not?"

"I'm wearing the shirt!" he pointed to the shirt.

"Good boy," I laughed. We circled our arms around each other before I pecked him on the lips.

"That's it?" he pouted. I huffed, amused, before leaning in and giving him a deep kiss.

"Happy?" I gave him puppy eyes. Without answering, he gave one more kiss before nodding.