Chapter 21- Broken Relationships

Chapter 21

Jace's POV

I stared at Zhalia as she started to make her way out of the building. I followed her and Ida out at a reasonable distance behind them. I frowned when Zhalia stopped near the door and leaned against the wall. She hunched forwards as she put one hand on her knee and the other on th wall, trying to take deep breaths. "Zhalia? Are you ok?" we all started to ask her. Suddenly, she started to fall back. I lunged forward and caught her before she hit the floor. I leaned forward, our cheeks touching which sent shivers down my spine, and I whispered in her ear "I caught you this time!" I leaned back a bit to find her eyes closed. The blood started to dry around her face but it was still bleeding a bit. I didn't care about Zhalia's blood getting all over me. I put two fingers under her jaw on her neck, trying to find her pulse. Xav and the rest of the family that were waiting outside came bustling in as John was taken outside. Xav came and kneeled down on the other side of Zhalia and started to heel her jaw. "I can't find her pulse!" I whispered before saying it louder, "I can't finder her pulse! WHY CAN'T I FIND HER PULSE?"

"Calm down, Jace-" Xav started to say but the look on his face, which he was failing to hide, showed that he was also worried.

I interrupted him, growling "why the hell can't I find her pulse?" Xav moved my hand away from her neck and placed his own two fingers on her neck. I waited patiently as he searched. He finally let his hand slip away from her neck, grabbed my hand and placed my fingers where his were.

"There," he said softly to me, "it's faint but it's still there!" I sighed with relief. Xav said "We have to get her to a hospital; I'll do what I can on the way there." Quickly getting up, I carried her bridal style, but with her limp in my arms, outside and into an ambulance. I ignored all the sounds of people crying and John shouting and just focused on her...

Zhalia's POV

Beep! Beep! Beep! What is that sound? I groaned, slightly moving. I felt groggy. What happened, where was I? Slowly it all came back to me; I lifted my arm and felt my jaw to find the feeling of stitches. I could feel something pulling on my arm as I felt the stitches. Putting my arm down, I gradually opened my eyes to reveal a hospital room with me lying on the bed. I looked down and took myself in. Tubes were jabbed into my arms, making me cringe. I wore white, hospital clothes. I turned my head towards the machine next to me to see the machine that showed my heart beat. I noticed something slightly moving next to the machine. I found Jace sleeping in an awkward position on a chair. He had bags under his eyes as if he hasn't slept in days.

"Vick got Jace and Xav to finally sleep." a voice came from my left. I turned to face towards the voice to find Crystal holding a trashy magazine sitting on Xav's lap who was also sleeping on an armchair. He had his hands wrapped loosely around her waist.

"How long have I been out?" I questioned my voice croaky but I ignored it.

"About two days, we're still in Boston. We all had to stay in a hotel and buy some spare clothes." she said. "Jace hasn't slept at all as he was so worried about you and Xav was busy trying to heal you so he hasn't slept much either." she shrugged. "I guess when Vick had to use his persuasion powers on them, their minds were too tired to fight back."

"Where's everyone else?" I asked.

"They've gone to get some food. I volunteered to stay here if you decided to wake up." I nodded before looking back at Jace and sighed. "He loves you, more than you think!" Crystal said softly.

Before I could reply, a stampede of people came bursting into the room. Shouts of "that's my burger, idiot!", "who wanted a chicken wrap?" and "where are my fries?" amongst other stuff came from my family. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole hospital could hear them. The shouts produced from my family managed to wake up Xav and Jace who both groaned at the amount of noise.