Chapter 9- Who?

Chapter 9

Jace's POV

I started at her, eyes wide open, before I creased my eyebrows together in anger. "It had to be you, didn't it? Out of all the people, fate decided to put me with you! A stupid Benedict girl." I said through my clenched teeth. My arms trembled with anger as little electric sparks flew out from my hands and onto the ground before sizzling out. Did she know what the consequences of being soulfinders with me were?

"Damn it!" I shouted before bolting out of the club doors. I had to get away from her! Why?! Why did my very first assignment mean that I had to kill the person that ended up being my soulfinder? Dad will eventually find out something's not right and will do something about it- he might even kill her himself. He was going to torture me any way if I don't get the job done but when he finds out we're soulfinders- that will be worse! Why does my life have to be so damn complicated? I wanted to scream in frustration and let my powers be free but I know I'm not allowed...

Zhalia's POV

I was hungry. I didn't have a snack like I normally do after I come back from the club. I crept downstairs and made my way towards the kitchen. As I headed towards the kitchen, I could hear voices coming from the front room. I stopped to listen as to what the rest of the family were talking about.

"I think Zhalia's not telling us something." came Uriel's voice.

"I could force her to spill it out!" suggested Vick.

"Zhalia won't let that happen and you know it! She obviously won't let Uri look into her past as well." replied Trace.

"Who could the killer be? He must be a savant as Mum and Zed saw the killer's hand glowing with bolts." asked Yves.

"How about that boy that came to our house? Jace wasn't it?" Cora spoke.

"He's not a Savant." Zed stated.

"How do you know?" asked Sky.

"I tried speaking to him telepathically." Zed said before he started to explain:

-(Flashback in Zed's POV)-

I'm currently in the most boring class ever-American History! Why the hell did I ever choose this subject? Luckily, Jace also decided to sit through this class so it was just a tad bit less boring. To pass the time, I decided to see if Jace was a Savant. I turned to face him as he was sitting next to me.

Hey, Jace. You a Savant? I called out telepathically to him.

He just carried on staring at the front of class as Mr Ozawa carried on talking about the lesson. Ok, he wasn't a Savant. If he was, then he would have had that look on his face saying 'I got a message' and at least reply.

-(End of flashback and back in Zhalia's POV)-

Zed thought he wasn't a savant- maybe Jace was acting like he wasn't a savant and chose to ignore him for some reason.

"I didn't get a danger warnings radiating out of him when came round. Did you dad?" asked Will.

"No, I didn't." Dad said.

"Well, if it's not Jace, who is it then?" asked Mum in frustration.

"I don't know but we'll find out like we normally do." comforted Diamond.

I quickly grabbed something from the kitchen and ran back to my room before they noticed I was there and started to ask me questions. As I sat on my bed, I looked at all my photos above my table, remind myself of all the good times I had.