Chapter 22- Not Tired

Author's Note: This is more of a filler chapter, hope you enjoy it though!

Chapter 22

Zhalia's POV

5:30 in the morning and I couldn't get back to sleep as I tossed and turned hopelessly. We all had a late night in yesterday, the day that we arrived back home from Boston. I returned home late last night after spending the time after we got back with Cleo and Elana. I groaned with tiredness. I looked over my bed to see the girls, that weren't married to my brothers yet, sleeping on the floor. Ida, Cora, Esme, Sky: they all looked so peac- wait, where the hell was Crystal? Xav was going kill me for letting her get kidnapped! I was about to fling my duvet covers off me but then it dawned on me: she sneaked off to sleep with Xav again. I sighed, rolling my eyes, as I flopped back into bed, covering myself.

Jace... Thoughts of him kept wafting into my head. When we came to Colorado, both Scott and Jace went to get some clothes and essentials they needed from their house here which was just left how it was when everyone left for Boston. Mum wouldn't let them stay in that house on their own so she made them stay here which they thankfully agreed. Both ended up sleeping in Zed's room as well. How both of them can sleep in there with Zed being a heavy snorer was beyond me. To be honest, all my brothers were heavy snorers which I found out when I played pranks on them. My mind drifted back to Jace.

He was all I could think about. Argh! I need to clear my head. Where did we both stand with each other right now? I got out of bed, phasing through the girls so I didn't disturb them (or they would all literally kill me) as I grab some clothes and went into my en-suite to get changed and brush my teeth.

Once I was done, I grabbed my phone and I phased through the floor to get downstairs. I made my way down quietly to the kitchen to get something to eat before heading out. I didn't bother turning on the light as I went straight to the fridge and poked my head in to see what there was. Suddenly, the lights flickered on and a deep voice came from the door. "Freeze! Step away from the fridge with your hands empty in the air!" I sighed, I knew that voice. I didn't have to look past the fridge door to look and see who it was.

"It's me, Trace!" I huffed as I stood up properly so he could see my face. He sighed with relief as he went over to the sink and filled a glass with water, dropping his gun on the table along the way.

"What the hell are you doing awake?" he asked.

"I could ask you the same thing." I said as I poured myself some orange juice.

"Diamond's hungry. She wants chocolate with peanut butter, oranges and water."

"Hungry this time in the morning? No offence but couldn't she get the food herself?" I paused, trying to process the food combination she wanted in my head. "Peanut butter, oranges and chocolate?"

Trace looked at me intensely as he sat down. He looked as if he was deciding on telling me a great law secret which he shouldn't tell anybody. He closed his eyes and sighed as he placed his hand on his forehead and revealed "Diamond's pregnant." I choked on my drink causing me to spit it out, luckily in the sink.

I was so shocked that I stared at him blankly with my mouth hanging open. I was going to be an aunt! I was finally going to be an aunt! That baby better be a girl, I can't deal with a curse of boys all my life! Then a grim thought came into my head: Trace and Diamond had- no I can't say it! Ewwwwww, I had to get that thought out of my head! I quickly put my shields up so Trace wouldn't hear my thoughts.

"Zhalia?" Trace said wearily, wondering if he regretted telling me.

"Congratulations!" I smiled, breaking out of the thought but it still lingered at the back of my head. I can't think about it or I won't be able to look at them again. "Who else knows and how far along is she?"