Chapter 11- The Kiss

Author's Note: Thank you for those who commented and voted. Like I promised I would, here are the shout outs....

People who voted:
chocograin1
kittypop212
_amira101_xox
NeverlandsMoons

People who commented:
NeverlandsMoons
chocograin1
kittypop212

Here's a special chapter that I'm pretty sure everyone's been waiting for! I really hope you guys like it. Tell me what you guys think of it in the comments and vote too!

XXXXX

Chapter 11

Zhalia's POV

I tossed and turned in bed, trying to get into a comfortable position so I could finally sleep. I groaned as I sat up in my bed, giving up on sleep. I looked at my clock to see it was precisely 1:59 in the morning. Everyone was sleeping by now except me. I came home late last night due to being at Cleo's house. To get our minds off the 'Jace' problem and just relax, we ended up just watching Disney films (much to Jeff and Parker's annoyance). Dad and Mum were the only ones to stay up waiting for me to come home. The second I walked in, they checked I was fine and they went to bed themselves. I turned on my bedside lamp to the dimmest setting and slowly got a book from my shelf as I tried not to wake up the girls sleeping in my room. I chose a book that will make me cry to sleep: The Fault in Our Stars. I love this book despite the really, and I mean really, sad ending. First time I read it (finished in four hours straight) I cried non-stop for days. I was about to start reading when a desperate voice telepathically called out to me.

Zhalia? Are you awake?

Jace?! It's the middle of the night, what do want? I replied, surprised at his timing, but making me definitely wide awake.

Can you meet outside your house in the woods?

Why? So you can kill me? I'm taking my chances on staying safe thanks! Are your family here too to watch you kill me so close to my family? I asked, my voice full of sarcasm.

I'm not gonna kill you, ok? He sighed. I just want to talk. I hesitated, should I trust him?

Please? I could hear the desperation in his voice.

Ok, give me ten minutes. I agreed on meeting him. What if my family find out?

Then you have to be extra sneaky then, don't you? He sighed with relief.

I could feel him smiling on the other end of the line. I cut off the line and quickly changed out of my pyjamas and into a top and jeans. I grabbed my cardigan as well for the cold night. I past all my brother's and my parent's room to check if they, like the girls in my room, were sound asleep. The second I opened the door, the cold breeze hit me making me hold my cardigan tighter around me. Quietly, I closed the door behind me before I tiptoed off the porch, trying not to make it creek. I could feel the mind barrier my parents put up; damn, I forgot about that! I always wondered how my parents kept the barrier up whilst they slept. If I go through the barrier, I might set the alarm off. Suddenly, I got an idea; they wouldn't extend the barrier underground as I normally don't ever sneak out unlike my brothers. I phased underground and reappeared on the other side of the mind barrier.