Chapter 12- The Help

Chapter 12

Zhalia's POV

I woke up to the sound of banging on my door. "Zhalia, get your butt out of bed, Mum said! It's 12 o'clock!" Will shouted as he carried on banging on the door. Crap, how long did I sleep for? I noticed all the girls had left my room.

"I think she heard you, Will!" muttered Esme.

"If she heard me, she would have replied!" he said before carrying on banging on my door.

"I heard you Will, like everyone else in this area!" I shouted.

"See!" said Esme smugly as I heard her walk away with Will probably trailing behind. I untangled myself from the covers to find out I hadn't changed back into my pyjamas and was still wearing the clothes from when I saw Jace early this morning. I grinned as the memory came back of what happened. The kiss was something, I'll tell you that! We both had to leave shortly after the kiss before someone realised we were gone. I quickly got ready and went to go have some brunch.

"Why are you so late up?" questioned Mum.

"I couldn't get to sleep last night so I read." I replied. That was the truth, but just not all of it. Mum seemed to buy it as she carried on making lunch.

Jace's POV

I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss, Zhalia drives me crazy! I woke up thinking about this morning in the woods. I looked at the clock to see it read 10:30. Great! I missed breakfast with the family; dad's gonna be pissed off. Hastily, I got ready and went to the kitchen. On the way down, I bumped into Jason.

"Where were you this morning, squirt? Your dad was fucking angry when you didn't show your stupid face at breakfast!" he smiled, enjoying the thought of me going to be in pain.

"I overslept, get over it!" I said.

"Someone was definitely busy last night!" he smirked. I froze; how did he find out about me meeting Zhalia.

"What?!" I tried to sound as if I wasn't shaken up. To be honest, I don't know how believable I sounded.

"You were probably doing imaginary make out session with that Australian girl we had to leave behind when we were doing work in Australia!" he laughed.

I eased up. There was this girl in Australia that had a crush on me and she was so desperate to go out with me. Jason always thought I liked her back despite all my protests. I'm just glad that he didn't know about actually meeting Zhalia. Without replying, I walked off towards the kitchen, preparing for the worst.

"Where were you this morning?!" roared dad. I wouldn't be surprised if they heard him all the way in France.

"I overslept." I dully stated.

"Overslept? You never oversleep! What made you so tired that you overslept?" he questioned.

"I was thinking about Zhalia!" I replied instantly. It technically wasn't a lie. I tried to hold my shields up so my thoughts didn't leak out but it had to be fairly weak so my dad doesn't realise I'm hiding something and use his powers to get it from me.

"Zhalia, huh? What were you thinking about her?" he said, as he leaned forward on the table, opposite me.

"I was thinking about when the best time and place to kill her would be." I lied. Man, if they found out about her and me, we're both dead!

"Mmmm... why haven't you killed by now? It's been just over a week since we moved here?" he said.

"Because we're new and people will instantly point a finger at us if she suddenly died." I rushed, trying to remember what he taught me.