Chapter 14- All Revealed

Author's Note: Hey it's my birthday and I thought I'd update! The best present you could give me is comments and votes!! Enjoy...

Chapter 14

Jace's POV

As soon as I entered the house, I could tell something wasn't right. I heard hushed voices from my dad's office; some of the hushed words in the conversation were 'Jace', 'Zhalia' and 'together'... Fuck!

I backed away from the door, swearing softly: shit! How could this happen?! Who was at the forest? Zhalia's in danger; I felt like I was being strangled by something unknown. I never knew that the feeling of protecting your soulfinder would be so painful even if you barley knew them! I know what I had to do- the only way to protect her! I grabbed my phone from my pocket whilst quietly leaving the house again, trying not to be heard. 4 o'clock. I still had time. I quickly text Zed saying:

I need to speak to you and all your family except Zhalia! It is urgent. Make sure all of your family is there except her but also make sure she's with people you trust and know.

I put on my motorbike helmet and started the engine. About to leave, my phone buzzed as it received a reply from Zed:

We're all home, Zhalia's at friends.

Pocketing my phone, I revved my bike and sped down the road and headed to Zhalia's house.

I banged on the door of the Benedict house. "I'm coming! I'm coming!" came Zed's voice from the other side of the door as I kept banging. After he opened the door and I went in, he lead me to the front room where all of the family, except Zhalia, were.

Saul sat next to the window on a cushioned rocking chair. "So, Jace. What's wrong? Why shouldn't Zhalia be here?" he said his voice was kind and full of love for his family- something my father was quite lacking.

"It'll be easier if I start right from the beginning. That way, I might not miss anything." I started. Saul nodded and motioned for me to sit down which I obeyed. The family was scattered around the room: some on the floor, some on the chairs and the others just simply stood. Despite all either being on the floor, chairs or standing, their counterpart was always near them; something that I was missing right now.

Taking a deep breath, I started my story. "My mum's called Jane. I don't know what her last name is now because I haven't her in three years. She might be married to her soulfinder, she might not-"

"You're a Savant?!" Vick butted in, as everyone had a surprised look on their face. "How come we didn't know a Savant family was moving in?"

"Yes, I am. And as for your second question, let's just say we didn't want anyone to know!" I replied.

"But how come you didn't reply to my telepathic message?" Zed questioned, curious of my previous silence.

"Everything will be explained. Just let me carry on before I miss out something important!" I sighed with frustration. "As I was saying, my mum's called Jane. She took my two younger sisters, who are twins, with her. She left me with my dad, John Donnelly, as I was too much like him." Before I could carry on, I was interrupted again but this time by Trace.

"As in the Savant criminal who the net have been trying to catch for years John Donnelly?! You're the son of a criminal who can get into your head and take away your powers?!"

"Yes! Now will you please just let me continue so you guys can help me?" I started to get irritated.

"Why should we help you?" Uriel said as he narrowed his eyes at me.