Chapter 10 What have I done?

A/N: Sorry for my absence, I had a stomachache and writer's block. Here I am now hopefully I'll feel a lot better, but I'll probably be out. Here's the next chapter.

Noah's pov

"Noah, Kyle food is ready," my mom and stepdad, Joseph said to us.

I walked downstairs to the dining room. I wasn't in a mood to talk to. Every since Riah's attempted suicide, I really felt guilty for her. I only bullied her because I thought she would like me. I feel like a jerk, and now I'm suspended for 10 days. I'm so stupid. I hate this popularity, I hate the way I treated Riah.

I just wanted her to at least notice me. Ever since my mom and dad's divorce, nobody ever payed much attention to me. I was just an outcast. Then came the popularity, having everyone pay attention to me was the only way I can get close to. I didn't know hurting Riah would land me here.

For dinner, we had spaghetti and meatballs. I didn't speak at all while I was eating.

"So, how was school?" My mom asked breaking the silence.

"It was ok, I didn't see Riah sadly, so practice was cancelled," Kyle replied," everyone seems to care are her."

"Poor kid, " Joseph said," she must've felt hurt from the pressure everyone is giving."

It's my fault, I was about to say. I didn't want to hurt her, it's just that I love her and she makes me feel like this.

Lies, lies, I thought again, I hurt because she wasn't popular.

I heard the phone ring. It's probably the school, I'm now grounded. My mom got up and answer it.

Dang it...

I'm busted.

I stand still and ate. I didn't bother talking during their phone call. I just want them to yell at me. I don't care if I'm kicked out of the team.

"Mom, Joseph, what's up?" I asked them as Joseph walked in.

"Noah, is bullying the reason to make an innocent girl attempted suicide and send her to the hospital?" My mom walked up and ask me.

"I-I..." I stuttered at my words. They found out about it, dang it.

I didn't say a word. I just let them do their bidding. I deserve to know what I done. I saw Kyle left the dinning room table. He glared at me and just left.

"That girl didn't do anything to you, so you had to hurt her more," Joseph said.

"I know," I said,"I just wanted her-" I was cut off by my mom.

"She could've died, Noah," she replied scolding at me.

"You're lucky they didn't expelled you since she's alive," Joseph said.

"Noah, " my mom sighed," I have no choice but to ground you for a week, no TV, no football, and you're ban from your friends, until you apologize to Miss Nixon."

This is what popularity lands you. Yeah it hurts. I nodded my head. "I understand."

"You can get your phone, but your deleting the hate comments and that hate page," Joseph added.

That night I was in my room. I couldn't sleep. I was thinking about Riah. It's time I did something.

Riah, I'm sorry.