Sixteen

Perfect Sixteen

| Harry Styles |

"Olly Murs?" I ask Dani, looking through my phone to see what song to play. "Sure," She replies, smiling softly.

I nod and click on his icon, all his songs, including 'Dear Darlin'', 'Beautiful To Me', 'Troublemaker', 'Seasons' and more.

Deciding to put on Beautiful To Me, the car soon fills with the tune and I bite my lip. I look over at Dani and, like some weird feeling, I feel like singing this song to her. And, to my surprise, I start to.

"Love, don't ever change the way you are
You light the sky just like a star
I don't care what you see you're
Beautiful to me.
Oh.
She, she never gets it right
And it feels like rain on a perfect night
And now, I'll be your hand to hold
She can push me hard, but I won't let go."

Dani blushes hard, the rosy colour spreading over her cheeks and it makes me feel a sense of pride.

"My love, don't ever change the way you are
You light the sky just like a star
I don't care what you see you're
Beautiful to me
(Beautiful to me)"

Without realising it, I feel a warm hand over mine and Daniella flashes me one of the biggest and cutest smiles I've ever come across. Maybe it was the perfection of her cheekbones. Or the beautiful curve of her lips when she smiles.

"Love, open your heart and let it go
You're so amazing don't you know
I don't care what you see you're
Beautiful to me
(Beautiful to me)
Light breaks through your hair and
They all stop and stare and
I'd go anywhere oh why can't you just see that
I'm crazy about you
I can't live without you
You don't see it but you're beautiful to me
Love, don't ever change the way you are
You light the sky just like a star
I don't care what you see your
Beautiful."

That's when I realise there are tears trickling down her cheeks, and she immediately turns over. Even before the car comes to a halt, I undo my seatbelt and climb over, pulling her into my lap.

She nuzzles her face into my neck while I hold her waist tight and brush the hair out of her face, "Babe?"

"Baby..." I whisper when she doesn't reply, and a soft sniffle is heard. "What's wrong?" I continue, tangling my fingers in her beautiful chestnut brown hair.

Dani pulls away from my neck, and looks into my eyes. "I just never expected you to say, or sing, that I'm beautiful. I thought you hated my looks," She whispers and immediately, my heart clenches.

"What? Dani I could never you're one of the most beautiful women I know..." I murmur into her hair, before it all clicks. Shit... I think and I feel tears fill my eyes. No Harry, don't cry. You can't cry. You never cry.

She sighs and runs her hand over my shirt-covered chest. "I guess that's why I became a 'gym addict'," I frown, and lean up slightly to press my lips to hers.

Dani doesn't let our lips touch, pulling away from me, "Haz we need to get going."

I sigh but nod, climbing back over to my seat and buckling up. She does the same and restarts the ignition, my phone blaring 'Levels' by Nick Jonas.