Chapter 19: I should have seen him coming

Emily's POV

I woke up to the loud ringing in my ear. "Em?" Calum shouted and I looked up, he had a deep cut on his forehead and had blood running down his face. "Are you alright?" He asked and I looked at my arms, trying to find any cuts. I felt pain on my face, as I touched it I flinched. "Don't touch it Em, it's gonna need stitches." Calum said "where is everyone else" I looked around "Bella and Michael are stuck in the car, I tried to get them out but I couldn't, Luke, Leslie and Ash I can't find." He informed me "help me up." I held out my hands, he took them and pulled me up. I could barley wake on my right leg. "Sage!" I shouted as I saw her lying on the ground with he ankle obviously out of place. "Cal did you call 911" I asked and he nodded and as if on queue the ambulances pulled up. "Ms come with me we need to get you checked out" one of the paramedics ran towards me, I nodded and he helped me to the ambulance. He wrapped my ankle "it's not broken it's a possible sprain, just be careful when walking, it's a very bruised" he spoke and I nodded "but your gonna need to go to the hospitals to get a full examination" he continued and I nodded. "I'll be back" he walked away. I watched him go to Sage, he helped the other paramedics pick her up putting her on the gurney. They rushed her to the other ambulance and they drove off quickly. "Excuse me?" I walked slowly towards the other medics "have you found my friends Leslie, Luke or Ash" I asked and one leaded me towards Leslie. "Les!" I shouted hugging her, she was in tears "they can't find Ash or Luke." She sobbed "I know, they are gonna be fine I promise." I comforted her. "Ladies we need to bring you guys to the hospital" the medic spoke and we nodded Leslie helped me walk to the ambulance. As we drove off, I started to think 'what if Luke's dead' and I started to cry lightly into Leslie shirt. We arrived to the hospital and where rushed to a shared room. A doctor came in and looked at my leg and forehead. He also took a look at Leslie and told she had nothing severe. He told me that I had a sprained ankle and that I had to get stitches, he said he'd send a nurse in to stitch up my cut. Leslie sat down on the bed, I grabbed her hand. She began to whisper that everything is going to be fine. "Hello Emily, my name is Charlie and I'm gonna stitch you up" the young nurse smiled. "Has anyone else come in from the car accident?" I asked quietly "yes, four females including yourself and four males" Charlie spoke and I looked at Leslie knowing someone was missing. "Only 4 males?" I looked at him and he nodded "there where 9 of us in the car!" I sobbed "Miss.Anne they are still working to find that last male" Charlie said "but let's get you stitched up first and then you can go see your friends, I will personally escort you to them" he smiled and I nodded, letting him stitch the cut.

Leslie POV

One male was missing. Who was it? Where is he? Is it Ash? I asked myself thousands of questions. I held Emily's hand as Charlie finished the stitches. "All done, now let's go find your Friends" Charlie smiled opening the door to the hospital hallway. We walked to the information desk and Charlie asked for the files for the ones who just came in from the accident. The lady handed him the files and he took us to the first room. He opened the door to revel Bella. "Bell! Are you alright" Emily shouted, embracing her tightly. "I've just got a few cuts and bruises but nothing extreme" She smiled "one of the boys are missing" I informed her and she looked at us in shock "Charlie here is taking us to see who is here, wanna come?" I asked and she quickly nodded and Charlie took us to the next room. This time there where two of the boys. "Calum! Mikey!" Bella ran towards them, Emily and I walked slowly towards them. They quickly embraced us and asked us if we where all right. "Emily do you need a wheel chair?" Charlie asked and she nodded "I'll be back" Charlie left and Bella broke the news to the other boys. "It's either Ash, Luke, or Bradley" I sighed Calum brought me into another hug. "Everything is gonna be fine" he whispered and I tried my hardest to believe it. Charlie came back with a wheel chair and Emily sat down. Charlie wheeled Emily and us girls to the next room. "One more thing, Sage Anne, your sister, is in surgery." He informed Emily and she nodded a tear slipping down her cheek. This was the moment of truth the two behind this door where safe. Charlie opened the door to revel.....
Ashton and Bradley. "Ashton" I said limply and he ran to me. "I'm so glad your okay" he kissed my cheek "Luke's missing" Emily began sobbing harder "what? Luke's missing" Bradley asked and I nodded. "It's Luke?" Mikey and Calum walked from behind Emily. Emily pulled out her phone "everyone already knows about the accident" Emily sighed, "Emily!" Bruce and Maria ran towards Emily, hugging her. "I'm so glad you kids are okay" Bruce smiled and looked at the sadness in everyone's faces. When he looked around he noticed the reason "where's Luke?" He asked and Emily began sobbing harder "they haven't found him" Calum informed him and his smile shrank. "One male approximately 19 just came in" Charlie walked up to us "I want to see him" Emily spoke and Charlie lead us to the room. He opened the door and Ash wheeled Emily towards the bed. "Oh my god, Luke!" Emily grabbed his hand and got no reaction from him. "Luke?" The boys looked at him and Luke woke up abruptly. "Emily, Boys, Leslie, Bella!" Luke pulled us into a giant hug. "I thought you where dead!" Emily cried into his chest "I know babe, but I'm here now and I'm never leaving." He smiled and kissed her nose.

Bella's POV

Sage finally got out of surgery, and she had a blue cast on her right foot. "Emily, we've changed our flight for tomorrow so we can get Sage home" Maria informed Emily and she nodded "are you gonna be okay?" Bruce asked and she nodded "I've got my second family and we take care of each other" she smiled and he signed Sage out of the hospital. I pulled out my phone and tweeted '#PrayForMixtapeAnd5SOS thank you guys for all the support, we are safe and sound. We'll see you tomorrow London.' I pressed send and put my phone away. We all signed ourselves out of the hospital and where taken back to the hotel. Emily used her crutches and walked back to her room with Luke, Ashton and Leslie behind her. Mikey and Calum followed me to our shared room. I quickly changed and got into bed. Mikey quickly did the same and pulled my closer to him. "I love you, never leave me." He whispered and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning

I woke up to the bright light from the window shining in my eyes. I looked at my phones and it was 11:47. I quickly grabbed a change of clothes and took a shower. After my shower the boys woke up and we walked to Emily Luke Leslie and Ashton's room. I knocked on the door, Bruce greeted me. "Good morning" he smiled and let us in. "We'll see you In Two weeks" Emily smiled at Maria. "I can't wait for your world famous Pot roast Maria" Leslie smiled and I giggled the boys just looked at us weird. "Sage I'm really sorry about your leg." I spoke and she limped over to me pulling me into a hug. "I get out of PE so thank you" she smiled and I laughed. "Thank you for coming to see our show yesterday I hope you guys liked it" Calum smiled and my parents pulled him into a hug, as they did already for the other boys. "Take care of my daughter" Bruce said to Luke "I promise I will sir" Luke smiled and Bruce hugged him. "I love you guys" Emily smiled hugging each of them. They walked out of the room leaving for Florida. Billy walked in and informed us that it was time to go to the venue. We wall walked silently to the car. After about 15 minutes we arrived at the venue. Fans where already lined up. We got out of the car and we walked into the backstage area. We immediately had to start sound check and we did it as quickly as possible. Emily tweeted that she might have to be in a chair tonight. The fans didn't care, they where extremely happy that we where okay.

Hours later

We finished our set and waited for the boys to finish theirs. Emily got a phone call, so she walked out of the room. When she walked back she informed us that her family got home safe. I couldn't help think about what might have happened if I wasn't the one driving. Would Sage be okay? Would Emily? Or would it still have happened no matter who was driving 'It wasn't your fault' I've heard a hundred times already. It was a drunk driver who hit us and then drove off. The police where still trying to figure out who it was but I doubt they every will. I should have see him coming.