Chapter 33: Christmas is Full of Surprises

December 15

Leslie's POV

It's been three months since we moved to Melbourne and it's honestly been the best three months. All of us have gotten so much closer, and happier. Emma finally opened up about everything and she has become better after opening up.

Our families are coming to Australia to spend Christmas with us and the boys families. They were all finally going to meet and since we all plan on staying together they better like each other. My mom will definitely get along with Ashton's mom since they have almost the same background. My mom is usually a nice happy person so I really doubt there will be conflict between any of the parents.

Ashton and I were on a mission to find everyone Christmas presents. We had already ordered presents for our moms. "Emily wanted a record player right?" Ashton asked as we walked around Barnes and Noble. "Yea, this one is perfect." It was matte black and had a tribal design all around it. "Should we get her a few records?" He  asked and I nodded. We looked through the pile of records and decided on Ed Sheeran's X and Made in the AM by One Direction.

Ashton and I walked past Urban Outfitters and remembered. "Bella wants a Polaroid!" We walked into the store and looked around until we found the Polaroids. I decided that wasn't enough so I grabbed the shirt that Bella has wanted forever. The moon phase shirt! Bella always complained cause it was always sold out or not in her size. Shes wanted this shirt for like three years.

I knew exactly what to get for Emma. She always said she needs more band tees. Ashton and I made a bee line for hot topic. We grabbed three shirts one of Twenty One Pilots, another of Nirvana and the last one was Green  Day. She was gonna love this.

For Leslie we bought a bunch of 80s movies because we both know that Leslie cannot live with out her 80s movies. I'm pretty sure it's an obsession that has gone a little to far.

For Luke we got a new acoustic guitar. Calum was gonna get some new hats and for Michael we got him two new video games: South Park the Stick of Truth and the Last of Us. After that Ashton and I separated to buy presents for each other.

I decided to design a kick drum cover for Ashton. It would be my favorite picture of us and our ship name. Cheesy! I know but I think it is perfect for our corny relationship. It came from the heart and I know he'll just love it and always cherish it.

December 20

Bella's POV

Micheal drove our new car around the airport waiting for our parents arrival. Everyone else was already on their way to meet us her since we didn't have enough room to fit everyone in our car. We finally found a parking space and started to make our way into the airport.

Our parents were set to land at 4:15 pm and it was only 4:00 so we all decided to grab a drink from Starbucks. Since I knew something that no one else did I decided to only get a cup of water. "What the hell Bell you love coffee?" Emily giggled at my weird choice. "Just wasn't feeling like having coffee right now" I smiled.

Finally our families made their way out of the secured part of the airport. We greeted them with lots of smiles and hugs. "You guys are gonna love it here. Our parents planed to stay until after New Years. They'd all be staying in the guest bedrooms of our house. "It's so beautiful here!" My mother smiled as we made our way to the cars.

December 24

Since Michael and I were the only ones with a large dinner table we held Christmas dinner. The girls, our mothers and our mother in-laws and I were in the kitchen making dinner while the boys sat around the fire place talking. Jack, Ben, Mali, Harry and Lauren all joined us as one bug happy family.

Emma and Jack hit it off pretty well and have been talking non stop. She won't even come help us with dinner, but it's okay cause she happy as she can be when she's around him. Emily is kinda jealous cause she use to have the biggest crush on Jack, but that's okay too cause she already has a keeper. "Leslie, is the ham almost done?" I asked while I cut up veggies. "Yep, just took it out of the oven" she smiled.

"Boys can you please come set the table" Karen shouted nicely. The boys did as told and even Emma helped😂. "Making Christmas dinner is hard!" Emily said as she wiped the sweat from her forehead. "My family is known for having boys so you'll get use to it!" Liz winked at Emily and she blushed.

The table was set and everyone sat down. "But first I actually have a surprise." I walked to the Christmas tree and pulled out a nicely wrapped present. I handed it to Mikey. "Aren't we supposed to wait until after dinner to open presents?" Mikey asked. "Just open it dork." I giggled anxiously. He slowly unwrapped it and pulled of the top of the box. "World best..." He stopped.

"Are you?!" He questioned, I nodded on the edge of tears. He shot up out of his seat and pulled me into a giant hug lifting me off the ground. "World's best father!! Oh my god Bella!" My mother freaked out as she read the little onesie in the Box. Karen and Daryl got up and joined the giant group hug. "How far?" Karen asked. "About a month now." I blushed. My family was coming together!

Emily's POV

I was so happy for Bella and Micheal that I could barley eat. They were so happy, Mikey was already talking to her stomach. We finished dinner and the boys decided to clean everything up since we cooked. Of course this was their own idea, no one forced them. (*wink wink*)

After they finished cleaning up we All sat around the living next to a tree filled almost the the top with presents. Luke and I forced Liz to open a present first. She slowly unwrapped it to reveal the highest quality camera Luke and I could find. "Awe kids thank you so much" she hugged us. Next Leslie decided to open up a gift. She opened Bella's and Ashton's gift that fed her 80s movie addiction.

An hour later

We had gotten through only half of the presents, and since it was almost midnight we decided to call it quits until the morning. "Wait I wanna give someone one last present." Luke stopped us all from leaving. "Lukey, I'm tired and I miss my baby." I complained.

"You'll like this last present, trust me." He smiled and pulled me over towards him. "Now close your eyes" I giggled at his annoying way of not wrapping gifts so he makes people close their eyes. "Fine. But you really need to learn to wrap gifts Luke" I giggled as I put my hands over my eyes.

I heard him scramble around for a present, but then it stopped as he finally found what he was looking for. "Open your eyes" he said. I did as told but didn't see him in front of me.

I turned around to see my parents in awe and my friends gasping. I slowly looked down until I met Luke's bright blue eyes. "Emily Marie Anne, do me the honor of being my partner in crime for the rest of my life?" I smiled as tears gather in the corner of my eyes. "Luke Robert Hemmings of course I will!" I shouted.

He slipped the simple diamond ring onto my finger. He got up off his knee and I jumped into the lanky arms that would be mine forever. "I love you" I looked around at my family. "Merry Christmas Everyone! I love you guys!" I smiled as our lives have just begun.