Daydreamin'

So, this chapter is almost a week late. This week has been very stressful and I just haven't found the time to complete this chapter. Fear not, for in December, you will get FOUR chapters. That's right, I have a three part chapter thingy and another one, 'cause it's the holidays. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter! It's kinda hella long.

TW: car crash, needles, thunder, lightning

Synopsis: Djinn have started to pop up all over Kansas. When one of them captures Jemma, will Sam, Dean, and Cas make it to her in time before it's too late?

----------------------------------------------

"It's freaking crazy," Dad says and sits at the table in the library. "There's been radio silence for the past two weeks, and then all of a sudden, Djinn start nabbing people off the streets at least once a day?"

"This has to be because of the Darkness, right? I mean, an army of monsters?" I say.

"Yeah, looks like it," Sam replies. "These freaks are coming out of their ruins and taking people like there's no tomorrow."

"Well--" I stop as movement catches the corner of my eye. I turn in my seat. Charlie leans against the wall.

"Hey, kid," she says. "It's been awhile since we've talked."

Go away. Go away, go away, go away.

As if she reads my mind, Charlie says, "I'm not leaving any time soon."

"Hey! Jemma, look at me." Dad's voice brings me out of my haze as he snaps his fingers in front of my face. "You okay?"

I nod and glance back to where Charlie was standing, but she's gone. Sam and Dad exchange worried looks. "Anyway," Dad continues, "we obviously have to stop them. We'll leave ASAP. Stay here and keep an eye on Cas, okay? Make sure he turns off the Netflix for at least an hour a day."

I crack a grin. "Okay."

"That's my girl," Dad says, kisses my forehead, and heads for the door with Sam.

Two days later, 1:14 am

It's the same damn nightmare. Over and over and over again. The same nightmare I had when this whole mess started.

"Jemma! Wake up!"

I bolt upright, panting. Cas sits opposite of me, hands ready to defend himself against whatever I could have done. "Thanks, Cas," I pant, trying to gather my bearings as sweat trickles down the back of my neck.

"Are your nightmares getting worse?" Cas asks bluntly.

I shake my head. "It's the same one every night. I don't know why it still freaks me out."

"You were screaming quite loudly."

I flop back onto my pillow, a hand across my forehead. "Sorry."

"It's not your fault. You can't control your nightmares. How are your hallucinations? Are they bad?"

"They're not that bad," I lie.

"Well, that's... good. I guess."

"Yeah. I guess." We sit in silence for a few seconds.

"I guess I should let you get some sleep."

"Okay. Thanks."

"Don't mention it. Goodnight."

" 'Night."

Four days later

As I'm sitting in the library, reading a book, my phone buzzes on the table. It's Dad. "Hey," I answer.