Ignoring Me

Caleb's POV.

It's been four days. Four days since I last spoke to Hanna. That may not seem like a big deal, but we talk to each other everyday. So, it's a big deal. I called her 214 times and texted her 396 times. And yet, no reply. I'm worried about her. I went to her apartment seven times and she didn't answer her door. I stood outside of her house for nine hours and she still didn't answer.

Right now, I'm getting ready to go to Emily's house to ask if she seen her or spoke to her in the last four days. I quickly pulled my shirt on and grabbed my keys and phone, walking and locking my door. I walked to my car quickly and got in the drivers seat and started the car. Once it roared to life, I pressed the gas pedal with my right foot and sped out of the parking garage. Once I got to the highway, I cursed to myself.

"Fuck! Come on!" I yelled to myself as I reached traffic.

The traffic seemed to go very slow as I impatiently drove slowly through the traffic, stopping every minute. Finally, after an hour and thirty minutes of traffic, I arrived at Emily's house. I got out of my car and walked to her door, knocking furiously.

A minute later, Emily opened the door and had a surprised look on her face.

"Caleb? Hi. What are you doing here?" Emily asks.

"Hi, can I come in?" I ask, already stepping through the door. She nods and closes the door after I walk through the door, making my way to the living room.

I take a seat on the couch and Emily soon does the same.

"Okay, what's going on Caleb?" Emily asks me with a concerned expression on her face.

"It's Hanna. Have you heard or seen her lately?" I ask.

"Not since last week, why?" She answers.

"Because, I haven't seen or talked to her since four days ago." I reply, stressed out.

"Four days? Caleb, that's nothing. It's only fours." Emily replies, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah but we talk to each other everyday." I say.

"Well, why don't you just text her or call her? Or just visit her?" Emily says in a 'duh' tone.

"I have. I called her 214 times and left a voicemail each time. I texted her 396 times and I went to her apartment seven times." I say back.

"And no answer?" Emily asks. I nod a no and she sighs.

"Well, maybe she's busy." Emily suggests.

"Busy? I'm sure she's not busy enough to not answer my texts or phone calls." I argue back.

I get up from my seat and pace back and forth.

"Caleb, calm down. I'm sure she's fine." Emily attempts to calm me down.

"Do you think she's mad at me?" I ask, nervously.

"Mad at you? Why would she be mad at you? I mean, I'm sure she's not mad at you, unless you did something wrong." Emily says.

"I don't think I did anything wrong." I say truthfully.

"Okay then, she's most likely not mad at you. So calm down, I'm sure she's fine." Emily says, waving it off.

I sigh. "You're probably right. I should go. Thanks Emily, I'll show my way out." I say, grabbing my phone and keys and making my way out.

As I approach the front door, I can hear Emily yelling a faint goodbye to me. I open the door and walk out, closing it behind me. I get into my car and start it. I lean my head back onto the headrest and close my eyes, taking a deep breath. After a minute or two, I finally decide to go to a park that's down the road. I begin to drive there and arrive at the park five minutes later.

I park my car and get out, beginning to walk towards the playground. On my way to the playground, I see a path that leads towards a secluded area. I began to walk on the path that led to the secluded area. As I reached the end of the path, I saw a half of a swing set. I walked towards it and soon saw the back of a girl with blond hair and a maroon jacket. I realized who it was and walked to the open swing seat, sitting down.

"I've been looking for you." I say after a moment of silence.

"I know." Hanna says looking at a garden of flowers.

"I texted you and called you. I even went to your house." I say starring at the garden.

"I know." Hanna replies again, still starring at the garden.

"You know." I repeated after her. "Then why have you been ignoring me? I've been worried sick about you!" I snap, looking at her for the first time.

She flinched at my outburst but soon went back to normal.

"I know." She says again and looks back at me. She has dark circles around her eyes and her eyes were red, as if she's been crying.

I softened my expression as I looked at her.

"What's wrong?" I ask her, placing my hand on her face and stroking her cheek. Her face leans into my hand.

She stayed silent for about a minute. She pushed my hand away and starred at the garden again.

"Hanna, tell me what's wrong." I demanded.

She just continued to stare at the garden, not saying anything.

"Did I do something? Something that may have upset you? Is that why you have been ignoring me? Why you're barely acknowledging my presence?" I ask, beginning to think of what I have done wrong. But, I come up with nothing. I can't think of anything I've done wrong.

"Caleb, stop." Hanna says, grabbing my hand and giving it a slight squeeze. She still didn't look at me though.

"Stop what?" I ask, confused.

Then she looked at me. She starred right into my eyes and I starred back, taking in her beauty.

"Stop thinking of things that you might have done wrong. Stop thinking that you have done something wrong. Stop thinking that I'm mad at you. Stop thinking that I'm upset with you. Because I'm not mad at you or upset with you. You didn't do anything wrong." Hanna replies back, still starring into my eyes and me doing the same.

"So, if I didn't do anything wrong that might have upset you or made you mad, then why have you been ignoring me?" I ask.

She gave my hand another squeeze and untangled her hand from mine. She, once again, looked away and towards the garden.

"It's not you. It's me. I did something wrong Caleb!" She yelled the last part out and a tear ran down her cheek.

I nervously gulped.

"Hanna, what did you do?" I asked, still nervous.

"I got back together with you." She whispered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note:

Cliffhanger! How did you guys like this chapter? What do you guys think will happen next? Why would Hanna say this?!

Comment!

Vote Please!

Please follow me!

Love you guys!

Happy Reading

-KaileeXoxo