020: Missed Call- Turkey

Hi, you've reached ________, but unfortunately I can't pick up now. Make sure you leave your name and phone number and I'll contact you as soon as I can. Bye!

"Damn it... where are you?" grunted a masked man. He stood outside her door, with no one there to answer and no one there to help.

***

Throughout all of my years as a human country I had entertained myself with several professions, but being a healer, or a doctor as they call it now, was always my favorite. I still can't recall why I like the bitter sweetness of it; I had saved many lives but I had seen so many deaths at the same time. Today was one of the good days; no one had died on my watch.

As I returned home, numbed by the tiredness of a long pair of days, I saw a big lump collapsed in my front door. In the darkness, all I could recognize was a white mask.

"Don't you have a better place to be?" I said annoyed as I approached the lump. I got no response. "Hey..."

"Hm... is your phone broken?" he said in a hoarse voice.

"I was in surgery... what happened?" I said nonchalantly while opening the door.

"I had some trouble" he said still on the floor.

"Well, come in and tell me" I said looking down at him.

"I can't... I'm injured" He said almost embarrassed.

"Sadik..." I sighed unconsciously.  "You got yourself into another fight?"  I said, lowering myself to check on his pulse.

"Ha... maybe" he smirked weakly "A conflict between two civilians was... "He shrieked as I pressed his wrist, "... getting out of hand" he said smiling faintly at his own joke.

"Not funny Sadik, you should get yourself another hobby" I said looking at his swollen and probably broken wrist "And you should also learn how to punch".

"It wasn't just a punch, woman... We fell down from the Anıtkabir stairs (see picture ) " he said annoyed.

"Sounds like taken out of an action movie" I said, softly touching his legs to check for any more broken bones or open wounds.

"Hey... you should buy me a drink before..." he shrieked again "... getting so touchy".

"Don't get your hopes, or anything else, up. I'm just checking your physical state... please breath deep for me"

"Well you can check me anytime you want" he smirked.

"Breath" you said coldly.

"Fine... Ah" he shrieked again with just one breath.

"You seem to have a broken wrist and a splintered rib... You need a CT scan to rule out anything else" I said taking out my phone, registering the 19 missed calls. I hit dismiss and called 911.

"So you've arranged my transportation" he said when I finished the call.

"I don't understand why you didn't come to the hospital in the first place" I said sitting next to him.

"I have my personal healer" he smiled.

"And that healer was at the hospital, genius... If you had come to hospital you would already have a cast and morphine on" I said annoyed.

"I wanted only you to take care of me, like good old times" He said with a grin.

"I've been mending that old body since I can remember" I smiled lightly. Sadik was one of the reasons I had become a doctor so many times.

"Yeah... I own you some of victories"

"More like all of them" I laughed.  "What was it about this time? The fight" I asked after a pause.

"Immigrants" he answered bluntly, "Some people don't understand why we let them in... why we give them a chance"

"Good job then" I said looking at the masked man next to me... in times like this; it didn't felt like he was wearing a mask.

"I only did what I had to do" he said smiling proudly.

"Just next time, avoid physical confrontation, alright? You're getting too old for fights" I smiled, knowing what he was about to say.

"I'm not old! Eek" he cringed.

"Don't talk so loudly; it will only make your weak and aged bones hurt even more" I joked.

"Damn you, kid..." he whispered this time. "Thank you..." he whispered last, as blue and red lights adorned his mask.

***

"You're lucky there was no internal bleeding or damage to the head" I stated while looking as his results. He was already in a hospital bed, cleaned and wearing a cast in his right arm.

"You should have seen the other guy" he smirked.

"I'm sure he is fine, old bones break easily"

"I'm not old! hmp" he held back in pain again.

"Sure grandpa, keep telling yourself that" I laughed "You need to stay calmed for that rib to heal"

"Then stop calling me old... you're not much younger than me" he smirked

"Just a few hundred years" I laughed again "I wasn't there to mount dinosaurs"

"Really? Is this the body of an old empire?" he said opening his hospital gown. I blushed lightly, as I had seen and touched that body many times before.

"Well,you've aged nicely ... you must have a great doctor" I smirked this time.