Chapter 21

To say Jake was happy about my 'relationship' would be a lie.

To say Chase was happy about my 'relationship' would be a lie.

To say Hunter was nicer to me now would be a lie.

To say my life wasn't a mess would be a lie.

To say Star would be okay wouldn't be a lie. That was the one positive part in my life right now. It's been 2 weeks and he's doing a lot better.

Leah was doing very well as well and we will be racing again this weekend, well tomorrow.

The football team won the past 2 games by a lot. We were going to the playoffs.

Currently I was with Jake in his room doing our own homework. He's accepted my 'relationship' but wasn't happy about it. He tried to hide his feelings. He wasn't very good at it.

"What did you get for number 4?" Jake breaks our silence.

"For History?"

"Yeah."

"I got the the Peloponnesian War started when Athens took alliance money from the other city-states and then Sparta declared war."

"Thanks."

It was silent for about 30 more seconds.

"Why him?" He asks.

"Who?"

"Why him?" He repeats.

"Who are you talking about Jake?" What the heck? Who is he talking about.

"Why Hunter?" He snaps, "You have been dating him for what 2 weeks and he hasn't even brought you out on a date yet."

"Because I like him. And why do you care? It's my life."

"No Allie I care about you-"

"That's bull crap. I have only known you for 2-3 months."

"I still care about you. I just don't want someone to hurt you."

"Why do you care-" I ask frustrated.

"I'm dating Olivia." He says. My jaw drops, she poured soda on my head yesterday.

"The same one who poured soda on my head yesterday?" I ask.

"Uh yup and if you have a problem with it tell it to my face." He says.

"No I don't have a problem I'm just... surprised you would scoop down that low." Lie.

He doesn't bang them and ditch them like Jason and Hunter. He stays them for about a week, bangs them every night and then ditches them. Jessie's words ring in my head.

"Well I'm surprised Hunter would 'scoop down' that low too."

"I guess life is full of surprises." I smirk to hide the hurt.

"I guess so."

And then silence takes over again.