Chapter 24

I wake up so sore. I can't even get out of my bed. It sucks.

I got to first period extremely extremely sore, but in time. I sat next to Jessie and Jason was across from me.

"You sore?" Jason asks with a chuckle.

"No I totally didn't fall at all." I say with sarcasm.

"You only fell like 3 times. I've seen much worse."

"Well thanks I guess. I have done it before, but I was like 9 when I went last."

I look over and Jess is trying to figure out what we are talking about.

"Ice skating." I cleared it up for her.

"I was so confused." She said with a small laugh and then turns to Jason, "You brought Hunter's girlfriend ice skating?"

"Hey I have a name you know." I say rolling my eyes.

"Yeah she wasn't having a good day so we went-" Jason says.

"I thought you were at-"

"I left."

"Where did you go?" Jessie questions.

"Huntington."

"That's closed for another-"

"We may have broken in, don't tell anyone." He says to her smirking.

Jess turns to me and says, "You badass."

I smile shyly back.

"Oh my god can you believe what's happening with Samantha Carter?" Jessie asks.

Jase glances at me and says, "Yeah it's pretty crazy that poor girl."

"Allie do you know what happened?" Jess asks.

Before I can respond Mr. Lenard comes in and speaks.

"Allison Carter can I see you for a second." He asks.

I get up slowly wincing from my soreness. I walk to the front of the room with 23 pairs of eyes on me. Mr. Lenard waves me to go into the hallway with him.

"You are needed in the office, go get your stuff, I don't think you will be returning." He smiles.

"Oh okay thanks." I say confused.

Is this about my custody again? My aunt? Coach? Football? Sam? Did they find out. All of this is running through my head as I walk down to the main office.

I walk into the office and see Jake. If I were to see anyone else I knew I would be relieved but it had to be Jake. The one dating Olivia, the one I have been avoiding.

"Miss Carter and Mr. Evans you can come in and take a seat." The principal says.

He lets me walk in first with a 'lady's first' gesture. I walk into the room which is a meeting room with a big table and many seats. There are 2 men sitting in 2 of the chairs in suits and ties. I gulp and sit down across from one man and Jake sits next to me.

When we are waiting for the principal, who's name I don't know, I study the men. The one across from me looks about 25 and has short brown hair gelled up in the front and a short, attractive, beard. No I don't like old men, but this guy was pretty cute. The man next to him was about 45 years old and has wire glasses. They both had brown eyes.