Chapter 24

Jasmine's Point of View

Snape had me cradled in his arms as he carried me to Dumbledore's office. His grip on my waist was firm but gentle, and his arm that held my legs I barely even felt. My head was against his chest, I could hear his steady heartbeat in my ear like a drum.

"Buh dum.. Buh dum..", I heard it echo through my head.

The sound was calming and it almost felt like it was beating just for that reason. I sighed and closed my eyes. Oh how it felt good to be held and protected. I didn't want to lose this feeling, and I didn't want to lose Severus either.

I felt the sudden jolt of Severus's legs walking up the stairs and I sighed. I was tired and I was a bit hungry. So I hoped that this wouldn't take that long.

I felt Snape open the door with the hand that was on my waist. He pushed it open with his foot and walked in. Once we got to Dumbledore's desk Snape set me gently in one of the chairs and stupid behind me.

I opened my eyes to see Dumbledore smiling at us. I smiled back and tucked some hair behind my ear.

"I'll keep this short. But I have something to show both of you.", Dumbledore said as he pulled a book out of a drawer of his desk and set it on the table.

He flipped to the centre of the book, turned it around towards us, and pushed it forward. Snape grabbed it and quickly looked over it.

"You should read it out loud.", Dumbledore said softly.

Snape cleared his throat and read what the book said, " In the time of great darkness there will be a couple of ways out.

The darkness will take over and everyone will love in a powerless fear. They will cower in their homes and only go out when they need to for fear of death. They will have to be careful of who they talk to outside of their homes because on wrong works well get them destroyed.

Everyone will be dressed in black, but some more than others. The ones under the Dark Lord, who rules over muggles and wizards, will wear black cloaks and white masks. They still carry out whatever deed the Dark Lord wanted them to.

The second out is that a chosen child, one chosen by faith, will be the turning point. He still free the maiden in distress and save the world. There will be a fight against light and dark. But they both have an equal chance of winning.

The light can destroy the darkness and make the world brighter and less fearful of death and persecution. Or the darkness will put out the light and out will lead to the first outcome.

The third outcome it's that a love greater than all else will tear the Dark Lord apart and give the chosen child will have no chance of losing to the darkness.

The girl that was bound to the Dark Lord and a man ridden with sadness, bitterness, and grief will come together as one and be more powerful than anything else in the world. Their love will be a pure thing. Something that can't be broken after it had started, they will always be brought back to the other as destiny will make sure they end up together.

The girl will have to go through great lengths to get over her bitter feelings for the man, and her still have to get over his grief and bitterness towards other people in order for them to be brought together, but fate will work wonders.

The darkness will come and it is up to the greatest and purest of loves and a chosen child to vanquish it, out the darkness will take control and the world still be left cold and in no control."

Severus's voice trailed of at the end and he closed the book softly. He handed out back to Dumbledore and a heavy silence feel over us.

Dumbledore broke it after a long minute, "What you both have is fate and destiny. It has been written over the last couple put centuries over and over again that a girl bound to the darkness and a man bitter with the world will play a huge part in stopping the darkness. I got the ball rolling, and now or is up to you to keep it going."

I heard Snape take a deep breath before saying, "There it's no telling of this is written about is or not sir."

"Severus, who else is tied to Voldemort? Jasmine is as close to him as she can get. She is literally tied to him by magic and a curse. And just look at you. Who else is as bitter with the world and people in it?", Dumbledore said.

Severus went to say something but I started to talk before he could, "Sir I really don't think you should waste your breath on arguing with him. I think this is something that he is going to have to figure out on his own. And of you don't mind, I'd like to go lay down now. I'm really tired."

"Okay. I will talk to you both later. Severus make sure she eats before going to sleep. She needs to get her strength back.", Dumbledore said as Severus lifted me back into his arms.

Severus nodded his head at the headmaster and then walked out of the office. Once the door was closed behind us I felt Severus's shoulders fall.

"Are you okay?", I asked softly and looked up at him.

"We will talk about it when you are feeling better. Right now you need to eat and then rest up.", Severus said and kept his eyes locked on where he was going.

I sighed and looked away from him. I guess it wasn't something that he wanted to talk about right now..

........................................................................
A.N.

Yay another chapter that odd over 1,000 words long. Hope you like it. Don't forget to leave comments!! Love y'all.