Chapter 35

Jasmine's Point of View

As we walked back to our quarters I could feel a stinging pain shoot up my back with each step. I held my tongue for as long as I could, but hissed slightly when the pain became to much.

"Are you okay?", Severus asked, concern in his voice.

"I'm okay. It just hurts some to walk.", I replied.

The next thing I knew I was being picked up bridal style. I gasped in surprise as Severus cradled me in his arms. He continued to walk down the stairs.

"I can walk.", I said and leaned my cheek against his chest.

"If It hurts to walk, I don't want you to walk to much.", he replied.

"It hurts just like walking on a sprained ankle. It doesn't hurt that bad.", I softly said.

"Do you want me to put you down then?" he asked and I snuggled into his chest.

"I'm okay right here. You are warm.", I said.

"Then stop complaining.", he chuckled.

"I am not complaining.", I replied.

"It sounds like it to me.", Severus teased.

"I could start complaining.", I said and smiled.

"No.", he said sternly.

"I'm not a child Severus.", I crossed my arms.

"You are to me.", he said and frowned.

I sighed, "Will you stop it?"

"Stop what?", he asked as we reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Stop treating me like I am still a child. I'm twenty-four Severus. I shouldn't even be here!", I hissed.

"If you weren't here you wouldn't have been hurt. And you would have legs that worked.", he replied coldly.

"Put me down.", I said and looked up at him, anger clearly on my face.

"Why?", he asked and gripped my legs tighter in his arm when I tried to climb out of his hold.

"Because I told you to. Now put me down.", I said slowly.

"Fine.", he said and put me down, "Run away from your problems."

"I'm not running away Severus! I just wanted to bloody walk. And if you want to say anything about running away from your problems, look at yourself. I've learned from the best.

And you know what, I shouldn't have pushed you out of the way. It would have made my life less stressful.", I said out of anger and instantly regretted it.

I watched as the stink of my words hit Severus, "Maybe you shouldn't have. It would have made both of our lives better."

My heart clenched together and ached, "I didn't mean it Severus. You know that right?"

Tears stung my eyes as he continued to walk and replied, "I don't know anymore. I thought that you would be different, but you are just like everyone else. I help you, and I don't get any bloody thing in return except for hurt."

I watched as he stalked towards our quarters and disappeared inside. I wiped the tears from my cheeks with the back of my hand and sniffled. I really messed up this time.

Severus's Point of View

I walked into my room and slammed the door. I was more pissed, I was bloody angry. I ran a hand over my face and took a deep breath, when that didn't help me calm down I hit the wall.

"I can't get a bloody break.", I hissed to myself.

I hit the wall again before going to sit on the bed. I heard a door close and small footsteps, indicating that Jasmine had walked in.

"Severus?", I heard Jasmine say softly before hearing her sniffle.

"What do you want?", I said harshly.

"Can I come in?", she asked.

"Why, so you can tell me more about how you shouldn't have saved me?", I hissed.

"I want to apologize.. But if you want me to go I will..", Jasmine said and sniffled some.

I sighed and got up. I walked to the door and opened it. Jasmine looked up at me her eyes red and full of tears, lip quivering some, and her cheeks bright red from crying.

"I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have said what I said. I don't mean it at all. I don't know what I would do if you weren't here..

But I was acting like a child and said something that I shouldn't have... And I messed up really bad.. I don't expect you to forgive me, and I completely understand if you hate me, but I am sorry.", Jasmine said before I could even open my mouth.

I watched as she played with the sleeve on her shirt and wipe some tears away from her eyes. I sighed knowing that I couldn't stay mad at her.

"I forgive you.", I said softly.

"I'm really sorry...", she replied before wrapping her arms around my waist and burying her head into my chest.

"I know.", I said and pulled her closer to me.

We stood there holding onto each other, almost like our lives depended on it. And in that moment of silence, I knew I didn't want to be anywhere else but here.

........................................................................
A.N.

I'm sorry for the short crappy chapter. I just am in a writing funk and am trying to get everything sorted out. So hopefully things will get longer and better.