Chapter 26

Jasmine's Point of View

I laid my head against Severus's chest as we danced. There was no music playing, but in that moment we didn't need any. All we needed was each other.
I started to hum a song that's beat went with the beat that we moved at.

It wasn't long before I started to sing the song out loud, "Look at the sky tell me what do you see
Just close your eyes and describe it to me
The heavens are sparkling with starlight tonight
That's what I see through your eyes
I see the heavens each time that you smile
I hear your heartbeat just go on for miles And suddenly I know why life is worthwhile
That's what I see through your eyes That's what I see through your eyes
Here in the night, I see the sun
Here in the dark, our two hearts are one Its out of our hands, we can't stop what we have begun
And love just took me by surprise, looking through your eyes
I see a night I wish could last forever
I see a world we're meant to see together And it is so much more than I remember More than I remember
More than I have known
Here in the night, I see the sun
Here in the dark, our two hearts are one Its out of our hands, we can't stop what we have begun
And love just took me by surprise, looking through your eyes
Looking through your eyes (Looking Through Your Eyes from Quest for Camelot. Watch the video after you finish to hear the song.)"

I couldn't help but get a little teary eyed as I finished the song. I had always loved the song, and now I finally had someone to sing it to. And even though it was suppose to be a couple singing it, I didn't care at all. I was going to make Severus learn the guy part and we would eventually sing it as it should be, but that could wait for another night.

Severus soon stopped dancing and brought a hand up to my cheek, making him look at me. His eyes glimmered with unshed tears and there was a small smile on his lips.

"That was beautiful.", he said after a moment of silence.

"Thank you.", I blushed, "I'm a little rusty, and that definitely wasn't the best."

"I wish you would stop putting yourself down and realize that you are beautiful. Your voice was amazing, and it was a lot better than mine.", Severus said sternly.

"You of all people shouldn't be telling me that. You drove everyone away because of guilt and anger and look where that got you, right here with me.", I said and poked his chest.

"Now I'm sorry if me being self conscious of my voice bugs you. I haven't sang in front of anyone in years. And I'm covered in scars now, including this one that everyone is going to see no matter what I do. So please don't tell me that I need to stop putting myself down.", I said and pulled away from him.

I felt the hurt bubble up inside of me. He of all people shouldn't be telling me how to feel about myself. More tears welled up in my eyes and spilled over. I whipped them furiously away with the back of my hands and winced when I pushed my hand a little to hard on the scar under my eye.

I took a step back when Severus went to grab one of my hands, "I didn't mean it like that Jasmine.. I just want to see you happy again, and you were until you stayed to put yourself down. I know that I have problems too, but when I'm with you they don't matter as much to me because you don't see my flaws. You just see me.. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you.."

I took a step back, "Well you did hurt me Severus. You have no idea how I feel, and I don't want you to be telling me how to feel until you know. You weren't the one that got pushed away by the man you love because of a bloody kiss. You didn't have to walk back to your bedroom in his quarters crying and feeling as if your heart was ripped out.

You didn't have to choose between making him miserable with having to see you, or make yourself miserable by leaving. You didn't have to pack your stuff up Severus, and you didn't have to leave your home behind!

You weren't the one that spent weeks on end being tortured by Voldemort and other Death Eaters. And I certainly know that you weren't the one that read molested and almost raped!

You aren't the one that is covered in reminders of what it was like protecting the man you still loved even when there was a higher possibility that he didn't love you. You weren't the one that hoped and prayed that they would be saved by anyone and taken away from the hell hole.

So please don't tell me not to be hard on myself. Because all of this is because I protected you. Because I love you, more than anything else. And I hoped that you of all people would know that. Now I'm going to go bed and I don't want to talk to you until tomorrow, I'm giving you some time to thing about everything and to think about what you want to do. So goodnight."

With that said I turned around and walked into my room, during and looking the door behind me and leaving Severus standing there with my words hanging heavily in the air. I took a deep breath and tried to get the tears to stop, but they didn't.

So I grabbed another one of Severus's shirts and climbed into bed, leaving the candle burning. I buried my head into the shirt and forced myself to fall asleep.

I heard Severus walk up to the door and a soft bang, either him placing his hand  or his forehead, against the door. I barely heard him say, "I'm sorry. Goodnight, I love you.", before waking. The last thing I remember hearing, before everything went black and quiet.

........................................................................

A.N.

Yay another chapter 3 chapters in 3 days. I'm so excited. And another chapter over 1,000 words long. Yay!!!