Chapter 41

Jasmine's Point of View

I was woken up by a loud clap of thunder. I clutched the blanket in my hands and pulled it over my head. Oh God how I hate thunderstorms.

As the next clap of thunder shook the room I slid my hand over the bed next to me, trying to find Severus. But he wasn't there. I climbed off the bed, taking the blanket with me, and walked towards the door.

"S-severus?", I called down the hall, getting nothing in return.

I held in a sob as I watched lightning light up the hall, allowing me to see that the door to my room was open. Maybe that is where Snape went. So I made my way towards my room.

When I got to the door my room was light by another flash of lightning followed closely behind by the loudest clap of thunder. It shook the walls and made my sketch pad fall off of my desk. But it also allowed me to see Severus curled up on my bed with a book in his lap, fast asleep.

The tears I had been holding back rolled down my cheek when more thunder shook the room. I ran to the bed, jumped onto it, and buried my head into his chest.

I must have startled him awake, because a hand quickly grabbed my wrist before letting it go, "Jasmine, what are you doing in here?"

"There is a thunderstorm and you we're gone, so I went looking for you... I didn't mean to wake you up..", I said softly.

"It's okay. I didn't mean to fall asleep in here. I came to read so I wouldn't disturb you. Now let's go back to sleep love.", he replied sleepily.

"Okay.. I love you Severus.", I whispered.

"I love you too.", Snape said and kissed my forehead.

He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me against him, and pulled the cover over his body. It wasn't long before he was asleep. I kissed his shoulder And tried to go to sleep. Which didn't work because of the storm.

So I laid there, listening to Severus's heartbeat and his breaths, counting how many flashed of lightning light up the room. I got to fifteen before I heard the creaking of a door opening.

I stayed as quiet as I could, listening to footsteps edging their way closer to my room. I sat up to reach over Severus and grab my wand, but I got pulled back to the bed.

"Shhh.", Severus said softly, handing me my wand.

I gripped my wand tightly in my hand and squeezed my eyes shut when I heard the door to my room being pushed open. As soon as the light turned on I sat up pointing my wand at whoever was in the doorway.

"Headmaster? What are you doing here? This is private quarters.", Snape stated, staring at Dumbledore.

"You are both in danger. You will be leaving tomorrow.", Dumbledore said.

"Why?", I asked innocently.

"Trelawney has had a vision of one of you two dying within the next couple of months. So we are moving you somewhere that will be protected and that very few are able to get to.", he replied.

"That can't be true headmaster. Guenivere said that one of us would die after our first son is born. One of us couldn't die within the next few months. It isn't long enough at all.", I said quickly.

"With you aging slower, up until now Severus helped break that, some things happen faster. Instead of having a normal pregnancy, it is going to be sped up. I should have said something before, but I didn't think this would happen.", he ran his hand down his face.

"So she is already pregnant?", Snape asked in disbelief.

"I'm afraid so.", was all Dumbledore replied before turning to walk away.

"Headmaster wait, Guenivere said that this is our destiny, but I don't think that it is true. I think that they are just trying to scar us so we will leave Hogwarts. I think Hogwarts is our safe haven. There is part of me that just knows that this is a trap. I can feel it in my soul, I guess you could say.", I said as he walked away.

"Well talk to Trelawney in the morning.", was the reply.

"Severus I'm sorry. This is all my fault.", I softly said and hung my head.

"It is not. This is not your fault in any way. It could have been prevented, but it was going to happen sometime.", he pulled my chin up so I would look at him, "Now it is my job to protect you both."