Chapter 30

Jasmine's Point of View

Severus slid his hand into mine as we started walking to the owlery. I smiled a bit as I felt his hand tighten its grip on mine slightly.

As we walked across the grass towards the owlery we were silent. It was a peaceful silence, no words needed to be said. Just being in each others presence was enough for us.

*at the owlery

We walked up the stairs to the owlery and into the round room that all the owls are housed in. I looked up and saw owls of almost every colour, some straight black, white, spotted, tricoloured, stripped, and it was amazing. I had missed coming here, it was one of the spots, other than the lake, that I would go to get away from everything.

There was a small screech and the flapping of wings and a black and grey owl soared down from the top of the tower. He landed on my shoulder and shook his tail feather some.

"I missed you too Sherlock. I hope you've been a good boy.", I said and ran a hand down his back.

We stayed like that for a bit until another owl flew down to sit on a brick in front of us. Sherlock flew over to sit by the other owl and they snuggled into each other.

"Did you get a girlfriend Sherlock?", I asked and got a small hoot from them both back.

"I went and got an owl while you were gone so he wouldn't be lonely.", Severus said softly as he held his arm out and the owl landed on it.

"Watson has kept him out of trouble, haven't you?", he said and the owl nodded some.

"Sounds like they are partners on crime. I bet they get into trouble together.", I said and Sherlock hooted.

Watson flew back to the top of the tower and Sherlock followed. They stowed away in the came little cubbie hole and disappeared from sight.

"You didn't have to get an owl Just because Sherlock was lonely.", I finally said looking up at Snape.

"It was get an owl or deal with him following me around everywhere and him sulking because you were gone.", he replied.

"You could have just given him one of my scarfs. He would have been happy with that.", I said and looked down.

"I didn't know that. So I got Watson from an acquaintance, traded some wolfsbane potion to get her.", he quietly said.

"Thank you for doing that though. It does mean a lot Severus.", I smiled.

"It was nothing.", he replied, "How about we go get some lunch then head to the quidditch pitch."

"That sounds great cause I'm kind of hungry.", I said and my stomach growled.

Snape chuckled some and took my hand again. We walked out of the owlery and back towards the school, and so far this day was great, but it was all about to change.

........................................................................
A.N.

I'm sorry about the short update and that it took so long to post. I've just been a bit busy and I promise that there will be a longer update at the end of this week or the beginning of next week. I promise. I'm going to aim for 2 chapters to be posted by next Wednesday that are at 1,000 words or more.