Month 11 Day 21 (continued)

I followed Samuel up the stairs and to his daughter's room. The first thing I saw was the pink walls. Then, there was a crib in the middle of the room.

"There she is," Samuel whispered since the baby was asleep.

She had dark brown hair and was wearing a cute pink onsie.

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Lauren. My wife named her that," he said.

I nodded and readjusted Malena in my arms. She was looking right at Lauren, wide-eyed.

"So, would you like to go downstairs and eat something?" he asked me.

I nodded and followed Samuel downstairs. There, we saw his boys running around the island in the kitchen.

"Alright, boys, go play outside now," Samuel said to them.

I placed Malena in a little stool on the island. I could see Samuel getting everything prepared for a meal.

"Would you like anything?" he asked me. I shook my head.

"That'll be fine. Would you like me to help?" I asked.

"No. You two are my guests and you don't need to be doing hard work."

Hard work? Wait, does he know I'm pregnant?

"Do you know?" I blurted out.

He turned to look at me and casually said. "I could smell it."

Smell it? Wait, no. Is he a werewolf? No. He can't be. He acts too normal to be one. Then, how could he smell my baby?

"Are you-"

"Yes, I'm a werewolf," he interrupted.

Samuel turned back to arranging pots and pans on the stove and then he went to the refrigerator. He pulled out steaks wrapped in plastic.

"Why do you act like this?" I asked.

"Like what? Human?" he asked. I nodded.

Samuel sighed and put the steaks down. He went over to the island and leaned over it.

"I had a rough past. I don't act like a normal werewolf for personal reasons. Ever since I first turned, I refused to act like one of them. I wanted to stay human; I didn't want to be a werewolf. But I couldn't change anything. What I did change was my lifestyle. I wasn't going to be a sweaty, dumb teenage werewolf."

"D-Did you ever have a pack?" I asked.

"Well, I would've if my dad hadn't have left me. I've been a lone wolf all my life until I met my wife."

Samuel turned away and went back to the steaks. I thought about everything he just said. He never had a pack. He's been a lone wolf for a while. Wait, do his boys know?

"Do your boys know?" I asked.

I saw Samuel's back stiffen and ignored what I said for a while. He stared making a salad and he got some potatoes out and peeled them.

"They don't know anything. Don't tell them anything," he demanded.

I nodded even though he couldn't see me. That scared me a bit. I thought Samuel was a very quiet guy. But when he just growled at me, I honestly felt guilty about asking.

After a while it was time for dinner. Samuel told his boys to come to the table. I sat down along with them. Samuel placed a plate with a steak in front of me.

"I hope you like it," He said to me.

I took a forkful of steak and put it in my mouth. Wow. I have never eaten something as good as this in...forever.

"This is good," I said to him.

He nodded and got himself a forkful of his own steak. He ate it hungrily. I only at a few more bites of it and I was full. I gave Malena some pieces of steak and I bet she loved it.

When the steak was gone, I went to go wash it but Samuel stopped me.

"I'll get it," He said, and he took it.

The boys looked at me and Malena when we were at the table. I smiled uncomfortably as they looked at me.

"How old is she?" Liam asked me.

I chuckled. "She's almost one."

"She looks like you," he said. I smiled again.

"Thank you Liam," I told him.

"Alright boys, y'all go play before bathtime," Samuel told them. The boys both nodded and went to the living room.

"You'll be sleeping in the guest room," Samuel told me.

I nodded and picked up Malena. I went to the living room to sit down. I let Malena down to play with the boys.

I laid my head back and closed my eyes. I was so tired. I could take a good short nap. Hopefully no one disturbs me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the wait. Here you go. And sorry it's not that long. I don't know what to write about anymore. Sorry if I don't update anytime soon. I love y'all and keep reading. :)

COMMENT

FOLLOW!!!!

VOTE

<3 Lesley

~All Rights Reserved~