CHAPTER 04 | The Fallen Petals

##########################

CHAPTER 04 | THE FALLEN PETALS

##########################

(y/n)'s POV:

"I cried endless nights, (y/n). Do you know how much I suffered after that day? I mean, I'm your best friend, and I felt so helpless, that I didn't protect you back then." Yona was making that face again. One of those faces that will make you go "awwww", or something like that.

"Aw, Yona." I deeply exhaled, looking at her sweetly. "I'm really sorry I didn't visit you at all. It's just... I can't."

"Why?"

"I can't... I can't say why. I'm sorry."

"..." Yona just stared at me intently, and then changed her expression, smirking. "So," she leaned foward to my ear, whispering. "Who is that guy with you earlier? Huh?" said Yona, in a teasing manner.

"W-Who? Killua?" I looked away, laughing nervously. "Uh, h-he's the o-one who took me in, like I said earlier, right?"

"I know what I heard earlier. I'm asking is that your relationship with him." She plastered a smugly smirk on her lips, crossing her arm.

"R-Re-Relationship?! B-Baka! There's n-nothing between u-us! As if there will be..." I responded.

"Oh, really?" Yona walked around me, staring. "Then, why is your face red?"

"Ehh?! My face is red?!" I quickly hid my burning face by looking away from her. That was just so embarrassing. "You're imagining t-things, Y-Yona," I lied.

"Oh, don't play innocent with me, (y/n)! I know you better than anyone else!" She clinged onto my arm, and we continued walking. "You completely forgot about Siel! How dare you betray him!" Yona stated. Siel! Yes, Siel! My boy best friend! Darn it, how could I forget about him??

And yes, even though I'm an introvert in my own section, I had friends outside it. A few. And two of them were Yona and Siel.

"Oh Siel! Oh man, I'm so sorry Yona--Wait." I looked at her, glaring. "What do you mean 'I betrayed him'?"

"Oh (y/n), everyone knows that ever since we were little, Siel has a mild crush on you! And don't you deny it girl, you did too." I can't believe my ears.

"What? What on earth are you saying? First of all, Siel doesn't have a crush on me. And secondly, I did not have the same feelings as well. We are just friends. Okay?" I cleared up. Well, that's what I can at least tell...

"That's what you always say! That you two are just friends, and not even in the MU stage,"

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes, and even before Yona could talk, someone did.

"(y/n)?" a voice said. "Holy mother of cow, it is (y/n)! You're alive!"

I averted​ my eyes and searched for that boy's voice. And next thing I know, someone was hugging me.

"Oh (y/n)..." He tightened his hug on me, as I heard​ his voice cracked​. "I thought I lost you..."

"Siel?" I murmured.

He broke out of his tight embrace, and looked at me. Woah, he changed a lot. Even his face. I didn't even recognize him.

"I am so glad you're alive, (y/n)." He smiled, showing his gentle face, as always.

"Well..." I chuckled softly as I played with my black hair, brushing it beside my neck. "Surprise." I grinned sweetly.

"I never got chance to say--"