CHAPTER 19 | Reunion And Revelation

##########################

CHAPTER 19 | REUNION AND REVELATION

##########################

(y/n)'s P.O.V:

My phone rang melodiously, and its' screen radiated luminously. My red orbs glanced at it, and saw that Yona already replied.

From: Yona-chan ♡

Time: 1:50 PM

Subject​: I knew it!

I'm okay. Never better!

But yes, I guessed correctly! Hahaha. Savouring your cake, (y/n)? I can see that you and Killua are clearly enjoying each other's company. You won't mind if I join you both? Hehehe. Confused?

Look behind you. :)

My eyes enlarged at the last part of the message, and caused me to stand up instantly. Taking a deep breath, I turned my gaze at my back; just as the text message said. My red eyes met her green ones, as she held up her gleaming phone to me, smiling warmly.

"Hello there, (y/n)." Yona's sweet, refreshing smile was plastered on her lips as she walked towards me, still holding up her phone as it showed us my text message to her.

"Yona? W-What are you doing h-here?" Placing my device back on the silver stainless table, I faced the green-haired female stammering, and pushed my chair sideward as Killua stood up as well.

"Oh, me? I work here, (y/n). By the way, this is such a great coincidence!" The girl beamed a very wide, jolly smile as she walked up to me, and grabbed my hands within hers. The assassin stood beside me with his hand shoved inside his pants' pockets, and remained silent as he kept his calm, yet sharp gaze at my best friend. Is he still mad at her?

"What? You work here?" I repeated hesitantly, as I glanced at her clothing. She was wearing a white cream shirt and pants, while a black apron with an embroidery that read "Moonlight Café", was hung around her neck. This is what the waitress who gave our order was wearing earlier. Their uniform, I suppose?

"Yeah! I clean the tables and the floor, but I do serve some orders to our customers sometimes," The girl replied, as she deliberately paused and moved her look on Killua. She grinned faintly, and then glanced back at me. "At first, I wasn't certain that it was you and this boy were sitting on Table 7. I missed you so much, so I thought I was hallucinating. So, I decided to text you and check your location." Yona removed her hands on mine, and held up her phone towards my view.

"So, um, tada! Actually, I was the one surprised to see you with him, and in this very coffee shop. It must be fate that allowed us to meet again! Hahaha," The female continued, as she then kept her phone on her apron's pocket and chuckled vaguely.

"Well, maybe," I replied with a slight grin, but it faded immediately. "But how come you're here? I thought you were at the orphanage, and you were in charge of taking care of them." I continued, raising an eyebrow.

"...I was kinda traumatized from what happened recently. I took a break from it. It was too much for me. Since I was the only one who wasn't involved with the incident, the elders bombarded me with lots of questions. I didn't know the answer so..."

"You ran away?" Killua finally spoke, as he finished her sentence.

"Yeah, kinda. I was so scared and terrified... I didn't know what to do," Yona lowered her gaze, but I still caught a glimpse of her watery eyes. Without hesitating, I instantly wrapped my arms around her, and comforted her as I gently stroked my palm against her back.