CHAPTER 20 | Warm Midnight

[A/N:] um, hi guys. I know, it's been a year since I last updated. I am so sorry. I know I'm such a horrible author, and I'll make it up to you. I will upload a few chapters to make it up to all of you, even though I know it's not enough. You all deserved better. I'm really sorry.

Also, another warning. This contains mature content. Don't read if you are uncomfortable with it lol. I'll warn you again somewhere in the chapter so that you can skip it if you want. Why did I write it? Maybe it's my kind of rebelling, I guess. Also, I wanna try. But it'll be my last. It felt so weird when i was writing it lol.

Hope you enjoy the rest! I miss you all :'(

##########################

CHAPTER 20 | WARM MIDNIGHT

#########################

(y/n)'s P.O.V:

"I can't believe I'm telling you guys this, but..."

After she grinning slightly, it immediately vanished as Kayla turned her head to us, with a serious look on her face and a deadly stare can be seen on her green eyes.

"Royien... is my father."

What?

"Okay, you got me, Kayla. That's a good joke," Riesha chuckled nervously and exhaled deeply. Riesha, I don't think she's kidding...

"What the—I'm not joking! I'm telling the truth, you idiot! Why would I kid about something like that? I'm not a lunatic." All eyes were on Kayla after her last statement, while Killua made a face, obviously saying 'bish-you-tried-to-kill-(y/n)-because-you-were-jealous' .

"Well, maybe a little—but that's not my point! What I'm saying is that bastard, stupid jerk needs to persecuted immediately." She added.

"And this bastard, stupid jerk is your father, right? And that guy is an enemy. Doesn't that make you an enemy also?" Killua asked, bringing back the main topic in the conversation.

"Of course not, silly. Isn't it obvious that I despise that creature? I want him dead. I don't acknowledge him as my father," The dark-green haired girl furrowed her eyebrows and once again clenched her fists, as she sincerely confessed.

"Why do you hate him that much?" I questioned.

"Well... It's a long story, and clearly none of your business, (y/n). My past with that monster reminds me of the horrible memories that I thought I already forgot." She answered quickly. She sounded irritated, but also... Sad.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way..." I slowly lowered my head, as I felt Killua's hand intertwine with mine. I glanced up to him and I saw him smiling slightly.

"So, if you know this Royien and his identity and all, does that mean you know Astra too, the one he blabbers about?" The assassin decided to move forward into the topic more deeper, asking critical questions.

"Yes. But I never saw her before. But she's real, and she has many more demon slaves, just like Royien." Kayla answered calmly and comprehensively.

"Do you have any idea why is Astra is after (y/n)?" Killua asked once again.

"Look, I don't know anything about Astra or her schemes except her name, alright? And sorry, but I don't have time for that, I just want that Royien bastard dead. Afterall, he's also the reason why there are so many deaths around here and the news." Kayla sincerely answered, and it seemed that she calmed down somehow.