CHAPTER 17 | A Haunting Conspiracy

[A/N:] WARNING: This chapter contains mild mature content. Also, this update is VERY LONG. It has a total of 6000+ words.

You have been warned.

Hope you enjoy the rest! Good day, and Godbless!

##########################

CHAPTER 17 | A HAUNTING CONSPIRACY

##########################

(y/n)'s P.O.V:

My eyes blinked several times before what just happened to sink in my mind. Wait, did he say fetch Kayla? What for?

Without any words said, I took hold of Killua's wrist, and pulled him as we exited the room together. Please, be still there--Kayla!

The silverette didn't question my actions, so I guess he might have guessed what I thought as well. We ran as fast as much as possible, and to return to our designated room; where Kayla was. Right before we reach the door, we heard a loud thud which came from the inside.

"Kayla!" I shouted out her name, as Killua and I finally arrived at our hotel room. My red eyes widened​ at the scene; as I saw the black dude choking her and lifted her body off the floor.

"Curse... You..." The deep-green haired girl uttered between breaths while glaring at the man, as she raised her hand and grabbed the enemy's arm.

Killua charged in without hesitation, and injured the devil's arm using his sharpened claws. His speed startled the black guy, which unabled him to react at the assassin's attack. As a result, he let go of​ the female, and groaned in pain.

The white-haired boy continued to punch him with an immense speed, and kicked him alternatively on his waist and knees.

While he distracted the black dude, I ran towards Kayla and helped her to get up on her feet. Then, I suddenly noticed the blood dripping out of her elbow, indicating that she possibly fought back when the enemy tried to grab her.

"(l/n)-san... Why are you doing this?" The injured female questioned me as we walked towards my room, and laid her down on my bed.

"Do what?" I responded, as my mind was kept preoccupied in searching for a cloth that I can use to wrap her wound.

"Saving me. You should've let me be killed by him... Considering what I did towards you and Killua, you have the every right to me angry at m--"

"Look, Kayla-san. What happened earlier doesn't matter anymore, okay? I... I've already forgiven you. And I hope you forgive yourself also. We chose to save you back there because that's what friends do, right?" I calmly replied, with a genuine smile as I aid the damage on her arm. Using my handkerchief I saw underneath the bed, I managed to prevent the blood from coming out.

"We're... Friends?" Tears slowly came out of her eyes, as her purple, radiant eyes stared at me. I nodded vaguely in response, and stood up quickly.

"Now, stay here. Don't move, okay? Killua and I will deal with that guy," I beamed a reassuring; yet faint smile to the girl, as she nodded swiftly and wiped her tears away.