CHAPTER 14 | Unfortunate Rivalry

[A/N:]

WARNING: CHEESY DIALOGUES AND SCENES AHEAD. (ಥ﹏ಥ)

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Enjoy~ (ノω・、)

##########################

CHAPTER 14 | UNFORTUNATE RIVALRY

##########################

(y/n)'s P.O.V:

"I'm Kayla Parris, Killua's ex-girlfriend." The dark green-haired girl held out her right hand to me, and plastered a wide grin on her lips.

I cannot believe my ears. His ex-what?

"Um, excuse me? You're his ex-girlfriend?" I gulped, as I glared at the man beside her; who looked shocked as much as I am.

"Yeah! He's--"

"Wait, Kayla. Stop right there. I was never your boyfriend, okay? You've got that all wrong," He removed his arm from her grip, as she pouted and crossed her arm afterwards.

"Eh? Of course you were! It was you who said it in the first place. Remember?" She countered, as the male broke a sweat at his forehead, as he exchanged glances to me and Kayla.

"Ohh, is that so," I scoffed faintly, as I curiously eyed the assassin.

"No, (y/n). It's not what you think," He waved his hands in denial, as I remained my eyebrow raised with my poker face.

"Oh, I guess it is." I added, rolling my eyes in the process. Ugh, why am I even acting like this? Am I really supposed to? Only jealous people would act this way. But why I am also doing it?

"Yeah, Kil. Don't deny it anymore." Kayla remarked as well.

"Eh?? But, we didn't really had an intimate relationship, Kayla." Killua restated, as he deeply exhaled and scratched his nape in agitation. "(y/n), it wasn't a real one. Yeah, we labeled ourselves as a couple before--but none of it was true," The assassin continued explaining, convincing me. Hmp.

"What are you saying, Killua...?" Standing beside the boy, his 'ex-girlfriend' gave off a shocked expression and tears started to fall down. Eh? "What do you mean by 'none of it was true'?"

"Look, Kayla--"

"Does my presentation of affection to you before; really mean nothing?" Slowly, her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes glowed hypnotizing purple.

"No, that's not what I mean. What I'm saying is that--"

"Can the both of you please just...stop?" This was freaking exhausting. I am confused, and their arguments doesn't match each other's​. They obviously need to talk properly. "Let's talk about this misunderstanding inside the building; not here in the middle of the freezing road. Is that okay with the both of you?" I kindly suggested. They looked at each other, and then averted​ their gaze at me. Together, the 'ex-couple' nodded and followed me from behind as I walked back towards the hotel.

I'm so lucky I'm used in controlling my temper, since I was Killua's former butler. Handling this kind of situation would be just a piece of cake. But...

...Why is my heart aching?

* * * *

"Good afternoon. My name's Kayla Parris, Killua's ex-girlfriend." The girl introduced herself to Gon and Riesha, as she stood beside Killua; who's looking so embarrassed and humiliated. Gon and Riesha's reaction was unexplainable, but in simpler terms--they were surprised as well. I guess they don't know this one either. Who knew that Killua had a girlfriend before? Tch.