CHAPTER 15 | The Butler's Decree

##########################

CHAPTER 15 | THE BUTLER'S DECREE

##########################

(y/n)'s P.O.V:

"Hm..." I silently hummed and squirted my eyelids close. As I took deep breaths, I calmed myself down and rhythmitically pat my feet on the cemented floor.

Hours have passed since Kayla challenged me in a fight, and I'm nervous as hell on how am I going to defeat her. She's been a hunter for more than 6 years. 7 years, to be exact.

Riesha and Gon was gone at our place, and went back to their own room. Their assigned area was 5 rooms away from us, so I won't be able to talk to Riesha about this. Especially Killua. I'm gonna make sure he wouldn't be able to find out about this fight between Kayla and I.

The second hand on the clock continuously ticked, as it read 10:46 in the evening. I tapped my finger on the glass table simultaneously with the clock's noise, as I felt lost in my train of thoughts. Darn it, I can't sleep.

Then, the kettle whistled in a high-pitched tone, and woke me up from my worries.

I stood up abruptly, and slowly walked towards the stove to turn it off. As my eyes stared blankly at the kettle, my mind kept analyzing how am I gonna beat an experienced pro-hunter without any Nen. Is that even possible?

I absent-minded transferred​ the boiling hot water to a ceramic sky blue mug, and I felt the smoke's warmth on my neck; which was kinda relaxing since the current weather was cold.

My right hand extended to a certain jar, took hold of it and brought it to my left hand. Opening the container, I scooped 4 spoonful of the chocolate powder and poured it on the mug with the hot water itself. After mixing it with the same spoon, I once again extended my right hand to get the plastic bag filled with white, fluffy marshmallows. I placed 6 pieces of it on my warm drink. The marshmallow floated peacefully on the chocolate, as I returned the chocolate jar and the plastic bag in their respective places.

'Just how strong is she? She was way much younger than Killua and Gon when she became a hunter. Does that mean Kayla's stronger than them?' The questions kept repeating over and over in my mind, as I made my way on the comfortable couch in the living room with the mug in both of my hands.

"Ahh, this is so frustrating," I groaned as I allowed myself to take a sip on the warm chocolate drink, and leisurely sat on the sofa. I leaned my back against it, and exhaled deeply. "I shouldn't have fallen for her trick, afterall."

"What trick?" I heard Killua's voice beside me, as I jolted up my shoulders in surprise.

"Oh," My heart just skipped a beat and stopped for a second, as I gazed up and looked at the boy who's standing next to the couch. "It's nothing," I hesitantly continued, as he sat beside me and suddenly took my chocolate drink from my freezing hands. W-What the?

"I don't think so," Killua remarked, raising his eyebrow as he drank from the mug and swallowed few mushy marshmallows. "I've been observing you for like, almost 2 minutes straight, and I can clearly tell that you're anxious. What for?" The male questioned me directly, as he placed my warm, precious drink on the small wooden table positioned in front of us.

"I'm not telling," I playfully​ puffed my cheeks at him, while on the other side, felt relieved that he's now here with me. Being with this man really changes my mood. I wonder how.

"Eh? Why not?"

"Just because," I replied, while I crossed my arms and grinned teasingly. He cheekily smiled as well, and unexpectedly laid his head on my lap. This caught off guard, as I felt his head on my thighs. Good thing I'm wearing my PJs.