Chapter 36: Uncertainty

Three days later

When Tsunade got better, the two got into a fight again. Instead of punching him, Tsunade have Naruto a kiss on the forehead. "You'll grow up to be a fine man." she said. 'And a great Hokage.' she thought. Naruto smirked. "You know it!" and gave her a wink. The four finally returned home. Naruto finally got a break after the incident with Konohamaru, land of tea, and Akagi family. (I will do those as well after we finish regular Naruto and go into Shippuden) .

Naruto and Shikamaru was promoted to Chunin though no body knows except Jiraiya, Tsunade, Satsuki, Shikamaru, Shizune, and Tsunade advisor. 'I was shocked they made Naruto a Chunin of all people. But I guess after that fight with Neji...he deserves it.' Shikamaru thought.

Sasuke thinks back at the missions they have done. In his eyes Naruto keeps getting stronger while he was not strong enough to defeat Itachi. "The time is now. Head for the Leaf Village." Orochimaru ordered a group of Ninjas. Lee had accepted to go with the surgery.

"Lee you don't have to be a Shinobi. Why are you so dead set on about it?" Tsunade asked. "It's everything to me. I want to prove that even someone like me with enough heart, with my faults, can be a real ninja." Lee answered. "But it's important you do realize there's still a chance you may die." Tsunade warned.

"Even so...it is my dream. What can I say?" Lee gave her a smile. 'Such ambitious children comes from this village.' she thought then looks up at the sky. "- 'Sarutobi-sensei I can see you were a magnificent Hokage.' - "The surgery is this afternoon. you should prepare yourself. Lets go Lee, are you ready for this?"

Naruto had came with Sakura to visit Sasuke even though they both don't like each other. He was just fine with Sakura asking him to visit Sasuke every day not actually going. "Look I bought you some apples! Don't they look delicious?" she said then sits down. Naruto was leaning on the wall.

Sasuke remembers the fight of Gaara vs Naruto. The face of Itachi coming to mind. Sakura was done peeling his apple and gave him to eat, but he smacked it away. "Wahh...Sasuke.." said Sakura. Naruto looks at Sasuke. "The hell..." he mumbled. Sasuke shot him a glare.

"Whats with that look teme? Looking for a fight?" Naruto said with his hands in his pockets. "You...Naruto, I want you to fight me. Fight me now!" Sasuke demanded. He activated his sharingan. "Grandma Tsunade... you patched him up and now he wants to fight me." Naruto mumbled. "If I remember you did say you wanted to fight me. Are you chickening out now?" Sasuke grinned. "Follow me" said Sasuke leading the way.

Naruto follows him. Sasuke brought him up on the roof. Naruto grinned. It was the mad man grin again. "What's so funny?" asked Sasuke. "Oh I'm not laughing. It's just I can finally beat your ass. Remember you asked for it." Naruto said. That agitated Sasuke. "What did you say?" You pathetic loser." Sasuke said.

"Oh grow up. If I was loser would you bother to ask me for a fight. After you get these hands, You will see me in a different light." Naruto boasted. Sakura arrived at the scene. "An idiot like you don't have the right to act all high and mighty." Sasuke said. "Are we just going to talk? or are we gonna battle?" Naruto sighed.

Sasuke ran at Naruto trying to punch him, but Naruto caught it. Naruto returned the punch, but Sasuke also caught his. Naruto used his left hand to punch Sasuke in the stomach, but Sasuke had let go and jumped back. The two going head to head throwing punches. Every punch or kick Sasuke aimed would somehow missed or dodged.

It was like Naruto was toying with him. Then Naruto began to take him seriously see how Sasuke keep glaring at him. Sasuke tried round house kicking Naruto, but somehow Naruto was able to grab Sasuke leg and fling him up. Sasuke positioned himself where he was able to use the great fireball jutsu.