Chapter 27: Invasion of Konoha part 2

Naruto was suddenly awoken by Kurama. ‘Ay kit! Something terrible has happened?!’ he shouted internally. “Hm? I knew it…I had an uneasy feeling. What happened?” Naruto said mentally. He got up and scanned the area. Many people in the stadium were asleep. Except for the ones that didn’t get hit with the genjutsu.

Outside the arena many snakes suddenly appeared. They didn’t appear to talk, but rather attacking the village. Every leaf ninja around reacted fast to defend their village. Back at where the Kages were standing, the Kazekage had taken the Hokage as hostage. He was holding Sandaime, putting a kunai at his neck. He was talking the Hokage to the rooftop. As they land, four ninjas appeared. Each standing at the four corners. They made a barrier around the two so no one can come in or out.

“For the sand to betray the leaf…” Sandaime said calmly.

“An alliance is only useful as a camouflage to make the enemy relax his guard. The stupid fighting ends here, history will change.” said the Kazekage.

“You want to start a war?” Sandaime asked.

“Exactly.” replied the Kazekage.

“We should avoid solving things through violence. Work out our differences through negotiation…Kazekage-dono, there is still time.” The Hokage said trying to convince him.

 “Soft as always SARUTOBI-SENSEI!” said the Kazekage with a different voice.

“You…..” Sarutobi mumbled as he recognized the voice and his eyes widen.

Back at the field

Gaara sand defense is falling apart. Gaara appears with a wound on his left hand from the chidori. His team appears beside him alongside with their Sensei. “Gaara…the plan.” the sand sensei reminded him, but Gaara was holding his head in pain.

“What’s wrong?” Kankuro asked.

“Oh no!” Temari stuttered.

“You fool! Trying to transform into your complete form before the signal.” his sensei scolded.

“It’s impossible to proceed now!” Temari anxiously said.

“Then what are we supposed to do?” Kankuro yelled.

‘What’s going on?’ Sasuke wondered.

After a few seconds of silence the sand sensei finally spoke. “Abort mission! You guys take Gaara and retreat.” he ordered. Temari and Kankuro were surprised to hear that. “What about you?” asked Temari. “I’ll join you later. GO!” he assured her. Temari nodded. Kankuro helped Gaara and they disappeared.

“Is Orochimaru up to this?” Genma asked.

“Who knows? Time to have some fun.” the sand sensei smirked.

“Hey!! What’s going on?” Sasuke demanded.

“Sorry, but the Chunin exams is now over. Go pursue Gaara and the others. If you call yourself a leaf shinobi then make yourself useful.” Genma ordered. Sasuke doesn’t know the full situation, but he understood the gist of what’s happening. He nodded and quickly followed Gaara and his team. Kakashi sees him leave.

Hokage and Kazekage position

 “So Gaara was useless after all…” the Kazekage said as he notices Gaara and his team leave.

“I see…so that’s it...” Sarutobi realized.

“Your foolishness has caused the leaf village to fall further and further behind.” Kazekage smirked.