Chapter 20: Chunin Exams: Third test part 1

"Hey guys long time no see!" said a voice.

"Iruka-sensei?" wondered Sakura.

"But why are you here?" asked Sakura.

"At the end of the second exam we Chunin are supposed to welcome the participants back. And well it was good luck that I was able to be the one giving the important task of being the messenger for you guys" he answered.

"A messenger?" Sakura wondered. Iruka reached into his pocket taking out a watch.

"Whew... you made it just in time too" he sighed in relief.

"Yep! Anyways Congratulations on passing the second part of the exams Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke!" Iruka said happily.

"Since you pass I'll treat ya too ramen" Iruka said. Naruto head shot up hearing about ramen. He was definitely carving some right now.

"But Naruto....you look different...I like it. Didn't know you actually had some fashion sense." Iruka complemented.

'It’s scary how he looks so much like the fourth right now... Yondaime...you should be proud. He’s growing up. He’s becoming a ninja!' Iruka thought proudly.

"Heh...now I see. So if we would've happened to looked in the middle of the exam..." Sasuke started.

"Huh?" Iruka mustered.

"What would you have done Iruka-sensei?" Sasuke asked.

"As usual Sasuke sharp as ever" Iruka smirked.

"Part of this exam was to test how well you could see through a difficult mission all the way through. Simply put you knew that opening the scroll was against the rules of your mission and if you had tried to open one..." he said.

"What...what would've happened?" asked Sakura.

"If a scroll was open we were ordered to knock out who ever opened it. Some ninja found that out the hard way. haha" he chuckled.

"It's a good thing we didn't opened ours" Sasuke sighed.

"Oh yeah...sensei" Sakura said.

"Yeah?" Iruka wondered.

"What does the writing on the wall mean? The part where the letters are written on are kinda eaten away" she asked.

"Nice job Sakura. That was another duty I was sent here to take care of." he answered.

"Hmm...Really?" said Naruto.

"Yep! Its serious business. They're instructions Lord Hokage record as principles that Chunin should follow." Iruka said.

'Oh those...' Naruto thought.

"Principles?" Sakura wondered.

"Yes. Heaven stands for your mind and Earth for your body. If quality of heaven are your desire. Acquire wisdom to take your mind higher." He explained.

"In other words if your weakness lies in your intellect...Naruto...then you have to double your effort to learn all the information and skills you need to prepare for your missions" he joked.

Naruto rolled his eyes. 'Oh yeah. He still thinks I'm stupid...'

Sakura giggled.

"And you. If earthly qualities you lack train your body and prepare too attack. So if your weakness lies in your physical strengths Sakura. Then you have to make sure you work on your physical conditioning every single day. So it improves." he lectured.

"When heaven and earth are opened together. The parlous path will become righteous forever. Meaning if your mind and body are working together as one then even a very dangerous mission can become an easy one."