Chapter 31: The Proposal

Later that day

Naruto took a really good nap. It was about four hours later after the incident. Jiraiya had recently came back. "Brat training time" Jiraiya suddenly said. Naruto jumped up in excitement, ready to train. "Yay!" he cried in delight. The two were on a hill top outside of the town. 

"Alright, now we're getting to the more interesting stuff." Said Jiraiya. Jiraiya suddenly captured chakra into his hand. Then it started swirling and turned into a ball. "Oh, that looked awesome." Naruto grinned. "Here" Jiraiya said as he threw Naruto a water balloon. "Don't tell me I need this to control it." Naruto thought.

 "Using the balloon helps you to understand the mechanics." Jiraiya explained. "Old man, I understand it. It is like a hurricane of chakra formed in a shape of a sphere. It's not like the chidori which 'cuts' per se, but grinds. It also seems you need great chakra control." Naruto said.

"Well then if you seem to know the mechanics which seems like you kind of do. Then go ahead and try it." Jiraiya continues "First gather the chakra in your hand like the tree climbing technique. Second, release a steady stream of it like the walk on water technique and finally use the chakra to push and turn the water inside of the balloon." He finished explaining. "I get it! I get it" Naruto assuring Jiraiya. Jiraiya laughs. Naruto then placed the balloon in one hand.

He starts rotating it towards the right since his chakra rotation is on the right. The balloon starts moving. It looks as if the water inside was bubbling/boiling. Naruto rotates it even faster. Suddenly the water balloon pops. Naruto throws the remains of the balloon of the ground. 

A smirk on his face. "Good, you got it to burst." Jiraiya said. 'And here I thought he'll have some trouble with it.' He thought. "Keep practicing with the water balloons until the next phase." Jiraiya says. "What? I got it old man. I bet you I can get it down under three days." Naruto suggested unsatisfied.

"Three days? This jutsu was created by non-other than the Fourth Hokage." He continues "Yep. It took him three years to perfect it. In terms of difficulty this is the second hardest jutsu of all. It's one of the master rank ninjutsu. To learn this move, it requires mastering three different phases of training." He finishes. 'So father created this. Well I'll surpass you. I will master it under three days, maybe even three hours.' Thought Naruto determined. 

"And you who barley mastered the first phase going to do it three days? Yeah right." Jiraiya said. "What do you mean barley master the first phase? I got it to pop on the first try..." Naruto shot back. "Whatever, meanwhile I'm heading back to town, I've been neglecting my research." Jiraiya said "It's getting late, you're coming?" he asked Naruto. "Nope, I'll stick around a little longer." Naruto replied.

Jiraiya smiled. "Alright, see you later then." Jiraiya arrived in town. "Ahhh, I wonder If Naruto got what it takes to master that jutsu. I almost believed him when he said that. Well, we'll see." Jiraiya said to himself. "What's cookin good lookin? A female host said. Jiraiya looked towards her. "Are you the guy we heard about?" she asked. "You know the one doing research on pretty girls." — "Yeahhhhh!! You heard of me?" he busted into excitement. "We'll be glad to help you. Buy us dinner and we'll be glad to stamp your card. When the card is full, we'll tell you everything." She suggested. Jiraiya blushed. "Ahhh seems like fun. What's your name pretty lady?" — "Uh uh dinner first." She said.

Next Morning

Naruto woke up. He didn't bother to training that balloon phase even more. He knows he already got it down. He was confident. He had stayed at the hill to climb up the tree and lay there watching the stars and moon. The night breeze hitting his body which felt nice.

Naruto had come home late that night. Jiraiya hasn't come back. And still hasn't when Naruto woke up until Naruto walked out the door. Jiraiya was knocked out in front of the door. It was early in the morning so luckily no one saw him. Naruto went beside him and brought him back inside.