Chapter 38: Retrieval Squad

Naruto was walking home, but he couldn't shake that bad feeling he had. He decided to look for Sakura. When he found her, she was laying on the bench next to the academy. 'Why is she sleeping here?' Naruto thought. 'Maybe she was thinking about that Sasuke boy?' Kurama said. 'Not a good reason to just knock out on a bench. What if a pervert checked her out?' laughed Naruto. 'I don't know you should bring her back home.' suggested Kurama. Naruto picked her up princess style and returned her home.

When Sakura came back to her senses it was four in the morning. "What? I'm back home...Did Sasuke?" she mumbled. Then she remembered her conversation with Sasuke. Tsunade was sleeping when someone banged on her office door. That definitely woke her up. Whoever was banging on the door gave up and just opened the door. It was Izumo and Kotetsu. They were holding a large amount of books. "Thanks!" said Tsunade. She had ink prints and drool on her face. "Ahhh! Hokage-same...you were sleeping just now weren't you?" -

"Sleeping and making us get the documents for you...eh" said Kotetsu. Tsunade just awkwardly laughed.

"More importantly, Hokage-sama...there's something we need to report." said Izumo. "What?" she mumbled whiling wiping her drool away. "WHAT DID YOU SAY?!..Is that true?" Tsunade yelled getting up from her chair.

"Yes"

"According to Sakura, there's no mistake. She desperately was running towards the village gate."

"We asked what was wrong and she told us." said Izumo. 'I didn't think...he'd already make his move.' Tsunade thought. Flashback of what Orochimaru said.

"I will get what I want. And when I do, I'll completely destroy the Leaf Village."

Tsunade bit her bottom leaf out of irritation. 'So you want the Uchiha ability. That creep.' she thought and sat back down. "Izumo, Kotetsu! There's someone I want you to get. Also go call Naruto." she ordered.

At the Nara residence: "Shikamaru, there are messengers from the Hokage here to see you." his mom said. Shikamaru was confused. 'What do they want with me?' he thought.

Shikamaru and Naruto arrived at the Hokage office. "What do you want Grandma Tsunade?" Naruto asked mid yawn. "Don't call me that!" she scolded then threw a book at him, but he didn't bother to dodge. Naruto was tired.

"Late last night, Uchiha Sasuke left the village. And there's no mistake that he is heading for the sound village." Tsunade explained. "What?" said Shikamaru surprised. Now that caught Naruto attention. "Naruto...you don't look surprised." said Tsunade. "Oh...I was wondering when something like this would happen. Didn't think it would be this soon." Naruto honestly said.

'So that was why Sakura was just lying there. She must have tried to stop him but was knocked out. I didn't see any visible marks so it wasn't anything serious. Must have been from behind?' Naruto thought. "Left why?" asked Shikamaru. "Orochimaru..." Tsunade and Naruto both replied. Tsunade was surprised but didn't show it on her face. "How did you know Naruto?" she asked.

"He did give Sasuke that curse mark. I figured after what happened in the exam he would try and seek out Orochimaru. It wouldn't surprise me if that creep wants Sasuke." He explained. 'Curse mark?' wondered Shikamaru. "So you knew about that..." said Tsunade. "I had a bad feeling when we fought. He seemed desperate for something. That Sasuke...he was agitated even more than usual." said Naruto.

"You guys fought?" asked Shikamaru surprised. "Yeah...though it was more like a warm up in my humble opinion." Naruto smirked. "Kakashi-sensei butted in though." Naruto sighed. "Anyways, what does a dangerous guy like Orochimaru want with Sasuke?" asked Shikamaru. "That is not important since we don't have much time to lose. For now I'm assigning you your first mission as Chunins. Since Naruto doesn't want it to be known that he's already one. You'll be the leader." said Tsunade.