Chapter 9: Land of waves part 3: Chakra controll

Outside

“Right. Before we start training does anyone knows what chakra is?” asked Kakashi looking around for an answer.

“How about you Naruto?” he asked.

“Yeah…Chakra is the energy shinobi need/use when performing a jutsu. We have two energy, for our body and spiritual. The body one is in all our cells and the spiritual one is gained from experience. When these two are combined and is then released as chakra so we can use Jutsus. Jutsus are needed by series of hand signs.” Naruto answered.

“Good. I’m surprised you know it.” Kakashi said a little surprised.

“But Kakashi-sensei why are you asking about chakra?” asked Sakura.

‘I already learned how to control it from Satsuki…’ thought Naruto.

“Well, because this training is dealing with using chakra properly and you are not using it properly.” Kakashi said.

“Huh? What do you mean sensei?” Sakura asked again.

“Like Naruto said to release chakra you bring out physical and spiritual energy. And base on the type of jutsu and amount of chakra you use it will be different” Kakashi said “Since you guys are not using chakra effectively you are using more chakra than need to and it will hinder what you want to do. So it’s best to learn and control it.” He finished.

“Hmm...You have a point sensei. Than what kind of training are we going to do?” Naruto asked.

“Tree climbing…” Kakashi said.

“What?” Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke said.

“Yes, it may sound easy but you’re going to do it without hands!” said Kakashi grinning.

“What?!” yelled Sakura.

Kakashi covered his ears with his fingers. “Just watch” he said as he gather some chakra on his feet and began walking on the tree until he reached a branch.

“This is how” he said. The three looked on with an amazed faces on.

“You see now? Gather your chakra on the bottoms of your feet and just climb. And this what happens when you do it right.” Kakashi said.

“But…how is climbing a tree going to make us stronger?” asked Sasuke.

Kakashi sighed. “Listen carefully, the purpose of this training is firstly to teach you how to control chakra. By bring out the exact bit of chakra on the right areas you are able to use different skills. This is an important aspect of using a jutsu, it can be difficult for the most skilled ninjas. For example, the amount of climbing is tree is small, but has to right and the bottom of your feet’s are the most difficult. So if can control it from the bottoms of your feet and master the control of chakra, you can master any jutsu.  But it also helps with your stamina and fighting longer” explained Kakashi.

“How about you just try it yourself? Some firsthand experience because me explaining it all day isn’t going to accomplish nor help you...” he added as he took three kunai from his pocket and threw them to his students.

“Use this to mark how high you can make it every time but also use it as a goal to surpass it”

‘I already know this…maybe I should fake it…’ Naruto thought.

‘This is going to be easy....’ Sasuke thought.

‘If I can make it all the way Sasuke must be impressed!’ Sakura thought cheerfully.

All three of them relaxed and gathered their chakra on the bottoms of their feet and ran towards their individual trees. Naruto ran head on, got on it and slipped hitting his head, Sasuke had made a small dent on the tree not being able to get up.