Chapter 26: Invasion of Konoha part 1

The medical comes in with Neji. The Hyūga head is waiting there for him. "Hyūga-sama..." medical nin said. "I am sorry, but could you please leave us alone for a moment?" Hiashi said. "But...!" medical Nin cried. "I won't take too long." Neji sits up after the doctors left.

"What business do you have?" Neji coldly said.

"That day... I came to tell you the truth." said Hiashi

"That day?" Neji said confused.

Flashback of Neji seeing his dad lying down on a futon with a white cloth over his face and Neji runs to his dad, he starts to cry.

"Back then, I was planning to die." Hiashi confessed.

"What are you...? What are you saying?! My father was killed in your place!" Neji shouted surprised. Hiashi takes out a scroll and hands it to Neji-

"This has the truth of that day written in it."

"It just has excuses convenient for the head family written in it, right?" Neji said.

"You should be able to understand it, now."

Neji sees the scroll with the words on it "To Neji"-

"This writing is..." Neji said surprised.  He starts reading scroll

'Neji... I only have a short amount of time left. There is something I want to tell you with that limited time. '

'Something he wants to tell me...?' Neji thought.

'The country of Lightning's head ninja, who tried to kidnap Hinata-sama, was killed by Hiashi-sama. But the country of Lightning did not admit that the kidnap took place... They focused only on the fact that their head ninja was killed, and demanded unreasonable compensation.'

Flashback to that time

"It cannot be helped. If my life can save this village..." Hiashi said.

"Hmm..." mumbled Sarutobi.

"Wait, Hiashi. Do not jump to conclusions. Hyuuga's Bloodline Limit is this village's important trump card. The head family's job is to forever protect it." Hyuuga elder said.

"But before serving in that capacity, we will get this village involved in a hopeless war..." Hiashi sighed.

"I know that. That's why... That's why the branch family exists. We will hand over Hizashi's body in your place. Hizashi has already consented to it." Hyuuga elder suggested.

"However, they seek the Byakugan's secrets... in Hizashi's case; the ability will seal itself when he dies. I do not believe that the Country of Lightning will be satisfied with that..." Hiashi said.

"That may be what they're truly after, but their demand was to hand over Hyuuga Hiashi's body. We will pretend that we've agreed to their demand, and hand over your look-alike, Hizashi, and... They will not be able to pursue the matter very easily." said Hyuuga elder.

"B-but..." stuttered Hiashi.

"Hiashi, The time has come. This was how our predecessors have protected the ability of the Hyuuga. Even if he is a sibling, you must have the heart to accept this. That is... the fate of the head family. And this this is the destiny of those born a Hyuuga." Hyuuga elder sighed.

"Where did the usually resolute Hiashi-sama go?" Hizashi said appearing.

"This is a special case! I cannot just say yes..." Hiashi cried.

Hizashi punches Hiashi in the stomach making him fall to the floor

"Hizashi... you..." Hiashi muttered in pain.