Chapter 25: Chunin Exams: Finals

Naruto has been looking for Jiraiya for the longest! It's been five hours since what happened with Gamabunta. Naruto had looked everywhere the pervert usually would go. Not all five hours has been just looking for the old man. Who would dare look for that pervert for that long? Naruto went to eat, nap, stroll, and take a shower. He also trained in between. 

Hokage Tower

Jiraiya had been away from Naruto for five hours. Those three hours was him having "fun" with the ladies. He was also hiding away from Naruto and Gamabunta. He was peeking at a couple of women when one of the Anbu appeared behind him. 

"Lord Jiraiya. Lord Hokage-sama has summon you" the Anbu said. As fast as he appeared, the faster it was when he disappeared. "He didnt even stay for my answer" Jiraiya sighed.  "What does the old man want with me?" he wondered.  Jiraiya was now in front of the Hokage. 

"You need something?" asked Jiraiya. The Hokage was sitting down with a cegar in his mouth. As he spoke he would take it out. "Not particularly. I've noticed you found our trouble maker." the Hokage answered.

'Trouble maker?' Jiraiya thought. "You mean the brat, Naruto" Jiraiya said. He continued "I'm surprised that kid was a trouble maker. Annoying? I can understand and agree with that." Jiraiya chuckled. "What about him?"

"Nothing serious. I was just wondering that you have finally found yourself a pupil." the Hokage said and smiled. 

"Not sure if pupil was the right word. I find him interesting." Jiraiya continued "Why didnt you inform me that he was the nine tails vessel? rather why was he so close to the village? There also have been rumors about them " 

"I know. I didnt inform you because you were never at the village for this long. There really wasnt a need to. Anyways, you're always there doing your research." the Hokage answered. Jiraiya smiled. 

"My research has been a success. I've noticed one of your famous Junin has been reading it, Kakashi was his name." Jiraiya said. The Hokage sighed. "How's Naruto been?" he asked. "That brat is pretty annoying at times. Lecturing me. Calling his precious sensei a pervert. He's interesting like his father. Does he know?" Jiraiya answered. 'But you are a pervert...' the Kage thought.

The Kage nodded. "So you finally told him...." Jiraiya sighed. 

"No, the child found out on his own. He told me when he was five that it was pretty obvious. He probably already knew way before then. " the Kage said. Jiraiya was more intriged. "Anyways, I'll see you later old man. I'd promised the brat I'll teach him a new technique. And It's getting late." Jiraiya informed. The Hokage nodded  and off went Jiraiya. 

Ichi Ramen

Naruto was at his favorite place again. He goes here at least three times a day. In the morning, mid-day which is lunch hour, and in the afternoon for dinner. It was time for dinner. He gave up on looking for Ero-sensei. He knows he'll see that man tomorrow. Plus, he need all the training he can get. He trains with Satsuke everyday, by himself, and occassionally with Jiraiya. Though he doesnt need to for an exam like this, it helps to be sharp whenever. They do say practice makes perfect. 

Naruto was done with his daily three bowls for dinner. He paid and was left. He was standing in the front of the shop and was about to leave when a certain someone showed up. It was Jiraiya. "You're late old man" was all Naruto said . Jiraiya had not needed to say anything to Naruto . He already knew. Naruto followed Jiraiya. The two were at a near by river. Naruto had one hand his pocket as he follows. 

"So, new technique or no?" he knew the answer but asked anyways. He just wanted to get on Jiraiya nerves. "Since we're working on chakra, I'll teach you a technique dealing with that. The jutsu is called Chakura Kyuin Jutsu (Chakra Absorption Technique). This technique is short ranged, but a good shinobi will make it work." Jiraiya explained. Naruto remembered he saw it during the matches when Yoroi used it against Sasuke. "By the looks of your reaction, you've seen it already.  The user drains the opponents chakra by touching the opponent with their hands"