Chapter 9

"My my don't you look delicious." The Hybrid said, licking her lips. Ew. Wait, does this mean that Hybrids eat Devils?

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Didn't I just say that you look delicious? That means I'm gonna eat you." She smiled wickedly. "What's your name little girl?"

"Avril."

"Nice name, I'm Sophia."

"I don't give a shit about your name."

"You're right, there's no use for me to tell you since I'm gonna eat you," she chuckled. She is too confident of herself.

She ran up to me and tried to hit me. I jumped back but she had scratched my left cheek. It was a really deep cut because blood kept spilling out of it. I tried to summon my weapon but she punched my stomach.

I started coughing up blood. What the fuck was this?! Why was she so fast?

I finally summoned my scythe. I sprung toward her and cut her, a little slash on her stomach. Damn!

She had a bow and arrow in her hand. She shot the arrow, hitting my right thigh. Then I felt a small sting in my thigh. I looked down and the arrow had electricity around it.

Sophia sneered and my whole body was surrounded by electricity. The pain was excruciating! The electricity was gone but I was in so much pain. I fell down on my back.

"Give up!" She screeched.

I was gasping for air. I ripped the arrow out of my thigh causing blood to spew out. I saw Sophia walk toward me. I can't lose!

She was standing next to me. I jumped up, surprising her. I slashed her neck. Blood started flying out of it. She stepped back and held her neck. She glared at me.

"Never!" I yelled.

I swung my scythe, trying to hit her neck again. But she caught the blade in her right hand. Her hand was bleeding. She tugged at me scythe and sent it flying behind her. Shit!

She took out an arrow and shot my left shoulder. I ripped it out immediately. I don't want to experience that pain again.

"Why fight back when you know that you'll lose!" She yelled.

"I'm gonna be doing the killing, not you!" I retorted.

I broke off the tip so that I had the sharp metal. I ran up to her and pucnhed her, with the blade in my between my finger. I could feel the blade go through her skin.

I pulled my fist away. She was shocked. I took this as an advantage and slashed her chest and stomach. The blade was about an inch long.

She grabbed my face in her hand and threw me, my head hit a brick wall. I could feel blood on the back of my head.

I tried to get up but I couldn't. No! I had to fight back. Sophia smirked as if thinking that she won. She started walking towards me.

My eyes widened. I could feel my mouth quivering. What is this feeling? I haven't felt this way for such a long time.

It was fear. I'm afraid of losing. Losing means dying, and I'm truly afraid of death.

She kept walking toward me. No! Stop! Don't come closer! Get away from me! She was right in front of me.

"NOOOOO!!!" I screamed, which I haven't done since I was little. She took pleasure in seeing me like this. Her smirk widened.

I shouldn't have left Pinkberry. I shouldn't have left Kyle. If I hadn't done that I wouldn't be like this.

Sophia grabbed my face, squeezing my cheeks. I shut my eyes.

"This is too amusing, I think I want to torture you more. She picked up the blade that had fallen out of my hand. She cut my forehead.

Blood was pouring out and stinging my eyes. I shut one eye, trying to stop the blood from getting in it.

She started cutting me rapidly. Shit! I can't lose! But I can't do anything. She stopped, satisfied. Her eyes were wide with evilness and insanity. It was frightening. I looked away. My scythe was right next to me on my left. I slowly grabbed it.

She didn't notice that I had been reaching for it. She grabbed my right hand and bit into it. I could feel her digging into my skin with her fangs. I winced.

"Delicious." She said and continued biting my hand.

She was distracted. I kicked her in the stomach and swung my scythe with extra force, hitting her neck. Which resulted into cutting her head off.

Her head flew a few feet away from me. Blood was oozing everywhere. I stood up. I was in so much pain!

I looked at the lifeless body. I smiled. I'm alive! I released my scythe and it disappeared with my Devil characteristics. That was too damn close though. I need to train more.

What do I do with this body? I looked around. I found a lighter, it worked perfectly. I saw a large blue trashcan. It was full of paper and other flammable stuff. I shoved her body and head into it. I then used the lighter and lit it up. After a few minutes the fire grew really big. I pulled the lid and closed the bin.

I turned around and saw a boy about my age. He had black hair that stopped near the top of his grey, almost a little blue, eyes. He was astonished.

He started backing away. He started running away. I ran after him. Being a Devil, was faster and stronger than humans. I was right behind him. I pounded the back of his head, knocking him out instantly. He fell to the ground. I looked at him. Damn!

What do I do now?