Chapter 35

Dedicated to her because she's fun to talk to and she's awesome! And because she is a Chocolate Caramel Cake that has total power over the Unibobs!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyelids lifted slowly, feeling very heavy. Everything around me was blurry. 

Gradually, my vision became normal and I realized that I was in a hospital room. 

Great.

Why the hell am I always in some sort of medical room?

I groaned as pain consumed my body. My head was throbbing. It felt like my brain was going to explode! It felt like my brain was swelling up and hitting against my skull. 

"Hey, are you okay?" 

I turned my head slowly so that my head wouldn't hurt more than it was. 

It was Claire. Her light blond hair was messy, sticking up on all sides, her emerald green eyes wide with worry. 

"Avril?" 

I opened my mouth to say something, but no sound came out. My throat felt scratchy and dry, making it impossible for words or sounds to form. 

"I'll get you some water," she said, before getting up and leaving. 

Silence filled the room, except for the slow beeping sound coming from the machine. 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Oh my gosh, that beeping was getting on my nerves! I wanted to destroy it, but I can't. I had tried to get up, but failed. 

My body just wouldn't move at all. 

Claire came back with a cup full of water. I tried to reach out for it, but my hand only moved about and inch until it stopped. 

Claire's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

"You can't move?" she asked. 

A small nod was all that I could do. 

She held the cup to my mouth as I steadily opened it. Then, all of the water spilled out of the cup. Most of the water splashed into my mouth, but the rest landed on my cheeks. 

"Oh no! I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed, before she began to search frantically for a towel. 

"I-it's ... okay," I said, my voice coming out extremely raspy that I couldn't even recognize it was mine. 

"I think I'll get you more water," she said, before leaving again. 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I turned my head slowly, making my head throb a little as I glared at the machine. If I wasn't so weak, I would annihilate that damn thing!

I heard a noise, as if someone was entering the room. I turned my head quickly in the direction that the sound was coming from, causing a sharp pain to shoot through my head.

Kyle walked up to my bed and looked at me. His blue eyes were like, looking into me or something.

"What do you want?" I asked, my voice still raspy.

"I heard you were in here. I wanted to see if you were okay."

Seeing him here reminded me of how it used to be. I would always get into a fight or something, end up in a hospital, and he would come to visit. Right now, I didn't want to be reminded about the past. 

"I'm fine, now leave," I responded coldly. 

A hurt expression appeared on his face, but soon disappeared as he turned around to walk away.