Chapter 25

"Don't kill him!" I yelled. 

Oh shit! 

"What are you doing here?" the man that was probably in charge boomed. 

"Percy, what is she doing here?" I heard someone say. 

"Didn't I just ask her that?" the man, Percy, snapped. 

"Uh, I uh," I began. 

I looked around the room. Shit, why did I do that? 

My eyes fell on Xander. His bluish gray eyes were wide with shock. Then I looked at Hunter. His face was red, he looked away. 

"Aren't you Avril?" a guy with black hair asked. He had green eyes and short black hair, he looked like he was in his early 20's. 

"Uh, yeah, I'm Avril."

"Answer my question. What are you doing here?" Percy repeated. 

 "I.."

I looked around the extravagant room and caught a quick glance at Hunter. He had an impatient look on his face now. I'm not gonna tell them that Hunter helped me. He was trying to help me. 

I finally regained my composure and stood up. 

"Don't kill Xander," I said. 

The room was filled with silence.

"Excuse me?" Percy questioned.

"I said, don't kill Xander," I repeated. 

"Young lady, I don't think you know who you're talking to. I am Percy and I am the the strongest person in the Council. Don't you dare tell me what to do," he warned. Oh great, another person who thinks he's so great because he's on the Council. 

"Why do you have to kill him? Why can't you just let him live? He's never done anything horrible to you," I said. 

"Even if we let him live, what are we to do with him?" One of the other Council members asked. 

"Exactly, I don't want to have to take responsibility and watch over an impudent human," Percy replied. 

I could feel myself fill with rage. Really? He wants to kill Xander because he doens't want to watch over a human? What a lazy bitch! How the hell did this person even become part of the Council?!

"I'll take responsibility for him, I' watch over him!" I yelled. "You guys are fucking lazy bitches, I don't even know how the hell you got into the Council!" 

Everyone looked astonished. Their eyes were wide with shock and was then replaced with anger.

Oops.

"You'll take responsibility of him? Ha, don't make us laugh. You won't do shit. This has happened before. Someone promises to watch over a human, you know what happened to them? The human escaped, fortunately, we caught her, she was executed on the spot," the guy with black hair retorted.

I'm not like that other person. I'll take care of Xander. I'll be responsible for everything he does. I'll suffer the consequences of sneaking into the Council room, I just want him to live.

"I'm serious! I promise, I'll take care of him, I'll take deal with consequences, just don't kill him," I pleaded.

Please say yes, please say yes!

"Promising isn't enough," they all said in unison. That was creepy but it made me beg even more. 

"Please, I'm begging you!" 

They didn't say anything. I guess I'm gonna have to destroy what's left of my pride. 

I knelt down on my knees and bowed my head down to them. 

"Please, I promise, I'll do anything for you to left Xander live," I pleaded even more. 

There was silence. I heard some people clear their throats. 

"Alright," Percy sighed. I wide grin formed on my face.

"But, keep your word. You'll also watch over him at school too. Keep your eyes open. Don't let him get into trouble," Percy ordered. 

"Sir, yes sir!" I jumped up and exclaimed. Yes! Percy is letting him live! 

I glanced over at Xander. He was smiling at me. 

""Now, both of you leave," Percy said. 

"I'll escort them," Hunter said. 

Hunter walked Xander and I out of the Court room. 

"Thank you so much," I said to Hunter.

Hunter stared at me and...smiled? It wasn't a smirk or an evil grin that he usually had, it was a genuine smile. 

I smiled back and hugged him. I felt him stiffen. I guess he's not used to getting hugs. 

He got out of my embrace and walked back into the Court room. He didn't say anything. I think I just ruined everything with that hug.

I felt two arms wrap around me. 

"Thank you," Xander whispered in my ear. He pulled away and smiled at me. I smiled back. 

I can do this, I can take care of Xander. 

~Hunter POV~ 

"Thank you so much," Avril said. 

She was happy. I smiled at her. It was nice to see that she was happy with me. 

I smiled at her, she returned the smile and...hugged me?

I stiffened. I felt my heart beating faster. 

Ba bump, ba bump.

Damn it! I can hear my heart beat. I hope Avril can't hear it. I could feel my face burn a little. What the hell is this feeling? I wanted to hug her back, but I was scared. Yes, I just admitted to myself that I was scared. I, the great Hunter, am scared. 

She let me go and I walked back into the Council room. I hope she didn't see my face. 

"You're welcome," I muttered before closing the door.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

I'm sorry if this chapter was boring! 

Please vote, comment, and fan! =]